About This File
- This is a mission using Shot'Kal tanks and Warrior ODS IFV's
- Originally played as part of a Kanium VU Cooperative session on 16 JULY 17.
- A medium sized cooperative mission with 27 player slots (6x platoons x 4x vehicles each + CDR, XO, FO)
a. A battalion-sized element from the 18th Ahuristani Armored Division has established a defense around the city of Baqubah, with company-sized elements, consisting of Rifle Squads and T-55A tanks. Enemy forces are established in Company-sized battle positions along pieces of key terrain to protect the rear support-zone of Baqubah, but their exact disposition is unknown.
b. Friendly forces are assembling for a Division-sized attack to clear the 18th Division from the city of Baqubah and continue to the north. In this sector, Team Kanium will lead this attack by conducting a flank attack into the Khalis Pocket in order to isolate Baqubah and prevent enemy forces from interferring with 2nd Battalion's attack into Baqubah.
c. Independent fighter groups are conducting attacks against the 18th Division rear area - hence, such a large force from the 18th Division in the support zone. We received a phone call from an Imam in Balad Ruz who claims that fighter groups will begin emplacing IEDs along key intersections and roads within the next 15 minutes. This action is intended to disrupt the 18th Division, but could also hamper our freedom of movement along the roads. It is highly encouraged to visit the Imam and see if he can apply influence with the independent fighter groups. [NOTE: Dismounts can only speak with the Imam]
Team Kanium conducts a flank attack to destroy enemy forces in the Khalis Pocket.
a. Purpose. The purpose of this operation is to clear the Khalis pocket of enemy forces so that 2nd Battalion has freedom of maneuver within Baqubah and enemy forces are prevented from interferring with 2nd Battalions attack into Baqubah.
b. Key Tasks
1. Seize the Baqubah Bridge to provide mobility for future operations.
2. Clear enemy forces from Khalis Village (we suspect the enemy is using this village for command and control of the rear area)
3. Clear enemy forces from Khalis Farmland (we have information that this area is being used as a staging area for reinforcements into Baqubah)
c. End State
i. Terrain. Key terrain is seized (All OBJs)
ii. Friendly: Friendly forces have freedom of maneuver within Baqubah.
ii. Enemy: Elements of the Ahurastan 18th Armored Brigade are unable to interfere with friendly, follow-on forces.
iii. Civilian: Minimal collateral damage and disruption to the civilian way of life.
6x Guns (Offscreen)
1x FO (F-1)