PDA

View Full Version : How to program a CH stick

Vacquero
04-14-2006, 12:26 AM
Uh... maybe it's all in the title? I just got a CH Fighterstick, and the programer is like..... well it's like programming. Which escapes me, anybody know somethin I dont?

deees
04-14-2006, 01:04 AM
What are you try to do. If you're just trying to asign ingame actions to the the stick, you can leave it DX mode and program it in the game. If you need to program macros, you can use the keystroke recorder. By the time you get to the editor, you'll want to use it.

Vacquero
04-14-2006, 04:13 AM
yeah, I'm tryin to set up different profiles for Gunner, TC, and a basic all-around

Chipwich
04-14-2006, 05:33 AM
I'm working on one too for the FS.

Check out the Tutorial CH Manager for Dummies...

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2107

That'll get you started. Then download the CMC file there or make your own. Search the CH Hanger forum for Steal Beasts. Make sure in Control Panel/Game Controllers/Advanced that your Fighter Stick is the primary controller. That's about it. I'll send you my game file when finsihed.

Skybird03
04-14-2006, 12:25 PM
I use CH myself.

Assign keyboardcommands in the game options. Most presets you can leave as they are. If you are not an English/US keyboard user, avoid keystrokes that depend on keys that are different in foreign languages. Because the software manager by CH sometimes makes programming such keypresses complicated.

Copy those keyboard command you want on your stick into the profile, using the manager software. that is the most easy, and most pragmatic, and most editable, way of going. Because you may want to change your profile after some experimentation. This is easier and more comfortable with the manager software.

When being done, save both the setup options for SBP and the profile for CH in a save place.

Vacquero
04-14-2006, 06:39 PM
muhahahaha I figured it out. Gotta put in a CMS command for the mode switch, this is a great stick when it's programmed.

DrDevice
04-14-2006, 08:32 PM
I am considering geting a CH and have a profile manager question: does the manager allow you to save multiple configurations for a single .exe? My logitech won't allow this.

I want different set ups for the M1A1 vs the Leopard 2A4/5, mostly due to the addition of the periscope and the lack of convenient direct override firing for the TC. Does the CH stuff make this possible?

deees
04-14-2006, 11:04 PM
I am considering geting a CH and have a profile manager question: does the manager allow you to save multiple configurations for a single .exe?

In a word: "Yes".

The profile, (.map) file is associated to the game via a shortcut, (.lnk). So you could create any number of .map files that would launch SBPE.

You may also consider the mode function, (there are 3 modes via a button on the stick that are indicated by LED's) which can be accessed on the fly. No need to exit the game or ALT-TAB to change profiles.

DrDevice
04-14-2006, 11:23 PM
Kick ass. That will make shifting from M1 to M2 to HMMWV much cooler, since the mode feature could change the functions for me.

Thanks for the info...off to eBay!