Old 03-25-2012, 02:51 AM
Scenario Contest Judge SB Pro PE Beta Tester 

Re: v2.640 Bugs

Both could happen, depending on what "really" happened which I can't see from these two screenshots. In case one, if a fragment hit the antenna, that would result in a "lost comm" type damage. In the second case, if the HE round exploded on some obstacle close to, but behind the M1, a fragment could still fly "backwards" (they fly faster than the impact velocity of HEF rounds is).
Old 03-25-2012, 03:27 AM
Campaign CO Blue Campaign CO Red 

Maybe it hit the tree behind the M1?

A little later (12:13 or so) there is another one that creates "heavy damage" which seems a bit severe from shrapnel from the tree impact?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot3.jpg (105.6 KB, 37 views)

Mark (}-:
LTCOL RAAC
Old 03-25-2012, 11:44 AM

Yeah, they both look like they're coming directly from the tree.

DO NOT SEND PMs/EMAIL TO ME!!! Send them here instead. Thank You!
Old 03-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Scenario Contest Judge 

Question Re: v2.640 Bugs

Strange shots fired by Red LAV over very long distance through woods to Blue troops - see screenshots.
As if the woods were invisible ?

NB I had plenty of examples of the same behaviour in this scenario (Dasv2 - Holding Action).

What could this be ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SS_11_39_57.jpg (145.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg SS_11_40_18.jpg (141.4 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg SS_11_40_40.jpg (140.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg SS_11_41_34.jpg (146.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg SS_11_41_39.jpg (143.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg SS_11_41_49.jpg (144.5 KB, 22 views)
Old 03-25-2012, 07:19 PM
Friday Night Battle CO - 100x Friday Night Battle Scenario Maker - 10x Campaign CO Red Campaign CO Blue Online Campaign Coordinator SB Pro PE Beta Tester Scenario Contest Judge 

Does the LAV have a thermal sight? Perhaps it sees a hot spot through the woods? The only way to know is if there was a test scenario with just LAV enemy troops and forest between.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:51 AM
Scenario Contest Judge SB Pro PE Beta Tester 

Arrow Re: v2.640 Bugs

Computer-controlled units may shoot through forests, provided that they have line of sight. I'm not totally happy with it, but it's a simplification that usually delivers acceptable results.

We have a few ideas how we could deal with it, but as usual coding time comes at a premium so we need to address the really urgent issues first.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:12 PM

Sorry if this been covered (again) already.

Bug No. 2138 was listed as squashed in the release notes. (Relates to 3D infantry floating above rubble of destroyed buildings.)

But I noticed this while viewing the 3D world view of an AAR of a recently-played mission. Maybe it's an AAR-only issue?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SS_15_11_50.jpg (142.1 KB, 24 views)
Old 04-12-2012, 06:28 AM
Campaign CO Blue Campaign CO Red 

Roadwheel confusion:

Am doing some stuff with Zipuli regarding the CV 9030 Fin in 2.654 and just noticed something weird (unsure if other vehicles do it too):

When the CV 9030 reverses the track, idler and drive sprocket rotate the "right" way but the roadwheels themselves rotate as if going forward?!

Do you need a Fraps video or something?

Mark (}-:
LTCOL RAAC
Old 04-12-2012, 06:34 AM
Friday Night Battle CO - 100x Friday Night Battle Scenario Maker - 10x Campaign CO Red Campaign CO Blue Online Campaign Coordinator SB Pro PE Beta Tester Scenario Contest Judge 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
Sorry if this been covered (again) already.

Bug No. 2138 was listed as squashed in the release notes. (Relates to 3D infantry floating above rubble of destroyed buildings.)

But I noticed this while viewing the 3D world view of an AAR of a recently-played mission. Maybe it's an AAR-only issue?
Correct, that is a known AAR issue. The original bug was related to in game - they would float as dead bodies above the ground. The infantry in the AAR need a great deal of work as their status is not always displayed (there are some other issues with them currently there, like in many cases seeing on the weapon position of a heavy weapon team moving along and the dead infantry are in the final resting place).

Old 04-12-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibsonm View Post
When the CV 9030 reverses the track, idler and drive sprocket rotate the "right" way but the roadwheels themselves rotate as if going forward?!
Might it be a case like the one described here?

Here is the relevant text edited down:

Quote:
Dan - I'm just wondering why car wheels sometimes appear to be going backwards when you view them under streetlights sometimes?

Chris - I think I've seen it. As you're driving along, the car next to you is accelerating away and it looks like their wheels are going backwards in the streetlights, illuminating the wheels of the car. [...] It’s actually a stroboscopic effect. [...] the streetlight flashing on and off about 120 times a second because mains electricity is 60 hertz. So the light goes on and off 60 times a second. So as a result, you're seeing 60 flashes or illuminations of the car wheel per second.

Now if the car is accelerating, if you imagine you drew a line on the car wheel, a chalk mark and you watched that go around, it would go around in a circle. But you only see it in the dark when it’s illuminated by the street light. Now say, the street light flashes on, you see the chalk mark pointing straight upwards, the light goes off and the wheel turns around a bit [...] Light comes back on, the chalk mark is now in the new position [...] Now as the car wheel speeds up the distance of the chalk mark makes it around the wheel will change according to how fast the car is going [...]

There will therefore be a speed at which the wheel will go when it doesn’t look like it’s moving at all because the chalk mark is starting going all the way around and finishing before the light comes back on again. [...] Once it speeds up a bit more, the chalk mark will go right the way around and then a bit further. So it will look like that it was going faster, faster and faster. Eventually, you’ll get to a speed where it’s actually going right around and back on itself again. So it looks like it’s actually going backwards a bit because it’s doing more than one complete revolution a bit more.
...But of course it would be your screen refreshing instead of a "flashing" light? Or was it at different (reverse) speeds?

DO NOT SEND PMs/EMAIL TO ME!!! Send them here instead. Thank You!