SB Pro PE - 3.012 Open Beta

Ssnake

If we install this, is it possible to still join MP sessions running v.3.011? If not, is it possible to retain a separate installation of v.3.011 on my system?

Ultimately, what I'm getting at is that I don't want to version myself out of participation in the forthcoming "Rising Bear" campaign, TGIF, or other online play.

• Moderators
If we install this, is it possible to still join MP sessions running v.3.011? If not, is it possible to retain a separate installation of v.3.011 on my system?

Ultimately, what I'm getting at is that I don't want to version myself out of participation in the forthcoming "Rising Bear" campaign, TGIF, or other online play.

You cannot play with others unless they also have 3.012, but the download will include both the old 3.011 EXE and the 3.012 Beta, so you can play whichever you want. In other words, you will still be able to play with others as long as you run the right version.

From the latest BG ANZAC AAR:

We had eleven attend last night.

"Luckily" two of the new guys were still on Hamachi so we took the opportunity to test 3.012.

Both the ex Hamachi users and the port forwarding users were able to connect using the non Hamachi IP address. :)

File downloads appeared faster too.

Tested the new beta with a friend that has never been able to connect because of provider issues. Hamachi has been used until now.

Installed the beta and started a session that worked instantly.

I know of several guys waiting to buy the game until this became possible.

+1 from us

Tested and all seems to work as described except for one user (me) who normally has no problem hosting games was unable to host (no one could find the session). Despite ongoing investigation no reason for this was found. I was still able to host in the full version.

Not a bug but an advice for Hamachi users.

Some don't see "LAN" sessions when leaving the IP adress' textbox blank.

It can be fixed by changing the meric of the Hamachi connection to the value of 10 or just set it to automatic.

Sadly we have at the 507RCC one case where it doesn't work at all.

Not a bug but an advice for Hamachi users.

Some don't see "LAN" sessions when leaving the IP adress' textbox blank.

It can be fixed by changing the meric of the Hamachi connection to the value of 10 or just set it to automatic.

Sadly we have at the 507RCC one case where it doesn't work at all.

Sorted with metric set to 1.

We are still testing various missions and situation.

We had Darklabor leaving without raison and be unable to rejoin the server despite seeing it.

We were using direct ip connection.

We have later tested with hamachi, direct ip and domain name. The 3 methode of connexion worked, being almost instantany.

We tested the save game option and we found that breached minefield before the save are not breached when we start the mission again:

The graphic is there

the pannels are there,

but the mines in the pass are there too!

Edited by Froggy

Three of us used the 3.012 beta for our usual Monday night session, playing through the M1A2 version of Rock Paper Scissors twice.

We had zero issues and a general sense that things might have gone more smoothly - though if that is the code, or good "Internet weather", or the small scenario, we do not know.

We usually see "Network overloaded" at least once, and that did not happen. The sample size is 1, though, which is very small.

Our usual host often has trouble seeing the AAR, and the clients will freeze up for a while after the Host leaves the AAR, and neither of those problems occurred. Again, the sample size is very small.

I shut down port forwarding on my router, as a client, and this caused no issues.

For those who are experiencing connection issues: please crosscheck and confirm again that the host has forwarded UDP ports 2300 to 2400 in its router/modem (if such a device is in use).

If in doubt, please try the PortForward tool.

Please note that any web-based checks for open ports will NOT work, because they only cover TCP. However, SteelBeasts uses the UDP protocol, so you need a local test tool like e.g. PortForward mentioned above.

A general impression with UKA is that connectivity stability is less than with 3.011. Last night I dropped out of a session, and I can't remember the last time that happened. But it's early days. We will continue to monitor.

Hello everyone, i am back from long forgotten place.

To Ssnake, i could gather many people on this forum i could for my testing and there a test scenario for network stress ?

Also, this network stack does work like a server ticks where everything are updated every x-time for everyone on network ?

A general impression with UKA is that connectivity stability is less than with 3.011. Last night I dropped out of a session, and I can't remember the last time that happened. But it's early days. We will continue to monitor.

One more thing UKA and SVU are both running with the Beta version.

With two different people hosting, One from the UK and one from USA. if you consider

New York part of the USA, LoL. we are having the same issues from both sides of the pond.