1CAD Training session

12Alfa

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for all the joined in on 1CAD's mission last night.

After a false start with issues of a bridge crossing on how things can go horribly wrong we finally pushed on.

Thanks to Assasin-6 for hosting also.:luxhello:

Some points to sustain and points to improve upon, and this is meant to further enhance our understanding in complex operations with many moving parts.

So in no special order:

To sustain:

-Understanding overall plan and concept of Ops.

-Movement (tactical) in general

- Communication with in troops (ptl's)

-Situational awareness through the movement to objectives.

Areas to improve:

-Control measures need to be better defined.

-Limits to tasks, ie: how far to move, arcs etc.

-Inf Armour cooperation and SOP's for various drills ( de-bussing for example).

- Tasking the XO for some of the above as a control measure IC.

- Limit the number of C/S on BP to avoid arty target and causalities and displacement drills.

These are all minor issues and with practice we will over come them.

Overall the mission went well, we learned and had some fun.

Any one on the mission may comment as we all have a stake in learning.

We will move on from the last position and see if the second part of the mission see's some improvement and, weather we can sustain the good points listed above.

We shall try this wed night same time same place if possible.

Again thanks for the turnout and fun.

12Alfa

1CAD

Using the same "Sustain" and "Improve / Fix" format:

Overall it went well but from my POV the "improves" are (in rough sequence):

Need to give the CT(?) direction. Lots of "I'll let you you guys work it out" type comments which then resulted in a lot of chat and often they didn't do what you wanted (or at least what I thought you wanted).

Unsure if the two up / Box formation that that we started with was what you wanted to maintain as we approached the crossing. It seemed to become a mad dash along the highway. Maybe some report lines so the left fwd and right fwd Tps cross at the same time and then the rest form off them (if that was what you wanted).

At the bridging site, poor co-ord between Alpha and Bravo (they didn't seem to talk much to each other - let alone within the two Alphas and two Bravos so the "internal" rotation didn't work too well nor the A / B alternating). I think once the XO was the only tk with "eyes on" the far bank.

The first crossing attempt was a great example of "sh*t happens". :)

Second attempt better but we didn't SOSRA. I think you had arty smoke, but the only smoke I saw was from the Biber which did protect it but in more general terms told the world something is happening "here". Perhaps a linear smk mission 1000+ plus of the crossing on the far bank would mask us and perhaps blind the red arty OP?

Getting people to hop in the tks to get them across was a good idea but then the tks moved off and the APCs had to be moved across by their PL comds (i.e. I drove 4 vehicles across one at a time) so the tks arrived at the town before the Inf and indeed my PL arrived after the town assault had stepped off.

Agree re the co-ord in the atk.

It looked like open ground so I would have gone with the "tks lead" approach up to some marked debus point. Whether that is:

- marked on the map

- "on order" over the radio

- or when you take "effective anti armour fire" (e.g. a vehicle is hit)

is up to you but everyone needs to know which before we step off.

Hope that doesn't sound like a personal slight, its not meant to be if that is how it sounds/reads. :)

I'm sure we'll all get better next time around. :)

Edited by Gibsonm

Tanks for the comments. I will endeavor to improve the points listed.

This Wednesday night same time (TGIF-2hr) we will move on with route to the south and the final Obj.

Here is a pic of the trace and if needed I can post the mission for anyone that wants to join in can study the ground.

I'll need the flowing:

A Sqn CO

A Sqn Tp ldrs 2x

B Sqn CO

Tp Ldrs 2x

Task Force XO-

Inf CO

INF PTL Ldrs x2

We may need more Tp ldrs and Inf Plt Ldrs also, the more People the less for the CO's to control

This is a 4x troop sqn (X2) mission with a bridging operation to get to the objective.

Positions for supporting arms also avab.

Like to see the CO's 1/2 hr b4 starting to get a back brief on the plan and sort out comms/channels.

Questions??

56e83cb63960d_VILLAGETOUR-2Pt2.JPG.623a0

56e83cb63960d_VILLAGETOUR-2Pt2.JPG.623a0

Edited by 12Alfa

A lot of the stuff I mentioned would be covered off in SOPs in a RL unit.

As these are meant to the Trg activities for the Canadian unit, I suggest they should get "priority of seating" in terms of the key appointments.

As it was I think over half the participants on Fri / Sat were "ring ins" (non Canadain) so expecting that group (which could well change again next week) to learn those lessons and steadily improve may be a challenge.

After all next weekend that 50% may be made up of different ring ins who aren't bringing with them the lessons learned from last time.

For debusing, for trafic on nett lets use the map...every body sees it....IE an intimate suport tank line...than a debusing line....that is quick to draw in two diferent collor and call on the net deploy as per new trace on map and voila!!!! quick and simple

I think that any players from any country is accepted as long that they fallow 1 CAD way of training/playing....no lonely sniper tank.....movement in fire partner...ect

as for XO this week, can't make it Leo due to course( preparing next carreer, driver course each night) LOL but will be available from next Sunday and further

have a good one

McDLT out

• 1 month later...
Thanks for all in the mission tonight.

We had the usual bridging issues:decu:, however we did get to assault the village.:sonic:

Thanks A6 for hosting,:remybussi:

Next session will be next month, I'm away on arny training in Ft Pickett (ah...warmth)

Ah, Fort Pickett, was there in 2007.

You are lucky to go now, in July its not a comfy place :-P

• Administrators

Well, TGIF is 9pm CST. Two hours before that would be 7pm CST.

Hi 12Alfa

I may be able to make your session this Wednesday (like Gibsonm it'll be Thursday for me). Can you please confirm the local start time of your session so I can work out exactly what time that is here? I may just be dense but I couldn't decipher "TGIF -2 hrs".

Cheers

Well since you aren't on CST any more but are now on CDT(?), I'm assuming that "7pm CST" is actually "8pm CDT" and therefore:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120404T00

Or are you working on "7pm CDT":

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120404T23

Surely working off the never moving Zulu / GMT is easier? :)