Need beta testers!

Kingtiger

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We (group of 3) played this on Monday night. Definitely a fun mission premise.

We had to drive the recon vehicles all the way up to Ashville, and didn't encounter any units until we saw the off-map units sitting there. We engaged them, they started moving, then a short time later we got the "Mission Over" and 300 out of 300 points.

That part was weird. I have the AAR if you want.

Otherwise - good work!

We did it with UKA, this is the AAR so you can see if things worked as intended.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y8e8ekb7y0hp97z/Burning%20bridges%200.85_042714UKA.rar

We had expected a counter attack but it never materialized and we ended it after two hours. We had a few vehicles that got bogged in swamps, a couple of blue on blues, besides that things went well.

Edited by TankHunter

Nice mission KT. It kept about 10 of us busy for a couple of hours and did leave us wondering how KingofStyle managed to get to the objective without encountering any opposition apart from 'off-map units'. Can you enlighten us KS?

We did it with UKA, this is the AAR so you can see if things worked as intended.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y8e8ekb7y0hp97z/Burning%20bridges%200.85_042714UKA.rar

We had expected a counter attack but it never materialized and we ended it after two hours. We had a few vehicles that got bogged in swamps, a couple of blue on blues, besides that things went well.

Well there is a 10% chans the counter attack never spawn and there is another 30% where you need to "trigger" it by moving somewhere special :)

The other 60% of the time you get an counterattack ;)

But you guys have played out the scenario pretty much as I planned, so that was nice to see. But still found some weird red behaviors that I need to sort out.

/KT

Well there is a 10% chans the counter attack never spawn and there is another 30% where you need to "trigger" it by moving somewhere special :)

The other 60% of the time you get an counterattack ;)

But you guys have played out the scenario pretty much as I planned, so that was nice to see. But still found some weird red behaviors that I need to sort out.

/KT

Having this type of 'random percentage chance' of a particular event happening is what makes a scenario worth keeping and playing more than once. Salut. :)

KingofStyle: yes please the AAR would be much appreciated. I will update the scenario to end when the player drives "to far" north so seeing the off map units will not happen.

/KT

And I would be most interested to know how he didn't encounter any opposition - assuming I have read his post correctly - prior to that point. We certainly did!

And I would be most interested to know how he didn't encounter any opposition - assuming I have read his post correctly - prior to that point. We certainly did!

I pretty much asume that he means that he didn't bump into any enemys between Lumber creek and Ashville. (damn impossible to move north to Lumber creek without bumping into anyone...)

Regarding randomnes...

SPOILERS

*Every unit have 2 to 4 different spawn locations.

*The engineer detachment try to blow both bridges, its a 50-50 which one it starts with (so if you are TO slow there is no bridges left except the 35 ton bridge).

*The delaying forces south of the river moves north before the bridges are blown and most of the units (all except som ATGM teams) retreat north when bypassed and take up positions around Lumber Creek (unless already killed).

*The infantry screen in the far south moves north and can djump on blues rear.

So there is plenty of replayability in this scenario, and thats why its been taking forever to create it.

But I will do some more small bug-adjustments and upload a new version during the weekend :)

/KT

I

So there is plenty of replayability in this scenario, and thats why its been taking forever to create it./KT

Many thanks for your great efforts. Well worth it IMHO. Off to the downloads section now to vote for it. :) Perhaps other UKA members might like to do the same.

Here is the link to the AAR: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kwg3skel2vlm12i/Burning%20bridges%200.85_042114ICARUS1851.aar

Correct. Encountered nothing between Lumber Creek and Ashville. Looks like a few units started down the road, then stopped. Had quite the close range fight in Lumber Creek though. We also got pretty lucky with our recon section taking out a platoon-plus of BMPs that were at the road bridge.

Here is the link to the AAR: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kwg3skel2vlm12i/Burning%20bridges%200.85_042114ICARUS1851.aar

Correct. Encountered nothing between Lumber Creek and Ashville. Looks like a few units started down the road, then stopped. Had quite the close range fight in Lumber Creek though. We also got pretty lucky with our recon section taking out a platoon-plus of BMPs that were at the road bridge.

Played again this evening. Definitely got a different enemy starting position. There were two platoons (one BMP, one tank) advancing down the road from Ashville after we took Lumber Creek. Our single recon vehicle met them and was destroyed. They appeared to be all sorts of entangled in each other, and only a singleton tank made it down to Lumber Creek.

Played again this evening. Definitely got a different enemy starting position. There were two platoons (one BMP, one tank) advancing down the road from Ashville after we took Lumber Creek. Our single recon vehicle met them and was destroyed. They appeared to be all sorts of entangled in each other, and only a singleton tank made it down to Lumber Creek.

Is this the same session as generated this post in the 3.017 Beta thread?

Thanks all for your hard work on this new version.

Played a 3 person co-op mission tonight. I was not the host.

I received several "Ping Time Too Large" messages with pings in the 3000-5000ms range at the time of the error. I do not remember receiving those in the official released versions, but I think it happened with the earlier beta versions. Definitely saw instances of way-too-speedy crawling infantry.

Also, but perhaps existed in the release version already, the AAR does not appear to correctly track "Kills by units under your command" if the units were given to you by someone else. I started as mission CO and gave out all the units to the other two players, but I received credit for all the kills.

If you are suffering lots of huge ping numbers and ice skating infantry then expect lots of lag and that potentially explains the "all sorts of entangled in each other" comment.

Need to differentiate between scenario based "issues" and Beta software testing "issues".

Having said that, if you were running 3.011 then I take it all back.

• 2 weeks later...

PRESENCE PATROL

presencepatrol_zps94003a8d.jpg~original

Working on a new scenario, an Canadian LAV-III platoon who conducts a presence patrol in BURKASTAN.

Right now it is in Alpha version but its good enough for a fun play, so as I am going away for 1½ week I want to share it with you guys to have some fun with it. Its suited for single player or COOP up to 4 persons and takes around 1-1½hour to play through.

WHAT I HAVE NOW:

1 Plt LAV-III. Conduct a presence patrol in 4 villages.

"Realistic" civilian behavior (so if there is insurgents in the area most civilians goes indoors)

AH-64 crash that needs protection while medical blackhawk picks up crew.

BUT! Right now there is no penalty for killing civilans and there is no scoring and no end if's. so when you have reached EXIT PATROL you can end the scenario and not expecting any scoring at all...

WHAT I WILL HAVE WHEN THE SCENARIO IS FINISHED:

The patrol itself plus random events:

1/4 chance that one of your C/S break down and need field repairs

1/4 chance that Coalition forces ends up in a firefight where they need help

1/4 chance that a AH-64 get shot down and you need to protect it.

1/4 Chance that nothing special happens during the patrol.

Scoring to penalize you if civilians are hit/Killed

End mission if...

Attached to the scenario is a skin for LAV-III and for blackhawk Medic. Put it in Desert/CA folder to have them show up in the game. The blackhawk medic skin isnt really done, I just slapped on some red crosses to get the feeling right, I have plans on finish it properly later on.

Hope you like it and feel free to give feedback/suggestions/Wishes.

/KT

56e83d030455f_KTPresencepatrol_rar.82c4a

KT Presence patrol.rar

Nice mission, crafted with attention to detail + good idea's !

Great map as well (did you make it ?).

Actually great touristic scenery ...

I had to get to AH-64, all went well, not too much opposition.

One point: when the Blackhawk departed, my infantry was nearby, protecting the wreck. But they decided to jump as well into the heli and departed together with him ! Tourists !

In the 1st village (hmm, with the long name) there were no civilians around. Due to presence of ENY, or not implemeted yet ?

Looking forward to the final version & thx for your efforts.

[quote name=Kingtiger;258923

Working on a new scenario' date=' an Canadian LAV-III platoon who conducts a presence patrol in BURKASTAN.

Right now it is in Alpha version but its good enough for a fun play, so as I am going away for 1½ week I want to share it with you guys to have some fun with it. Its suited for single player or COOP up to 4 persons and takes around 1-1½hour to play through.

/KT

Once again, many thanks for your efforts KT. I will give the Alpha a go, but wait for the beta before submitting any humble comments.

Nice mission, crafted with attention to detail + good idea's !

Great map as well (did you make it ?).

Actually great touristic scenery ...

I had to get to AH-64, all went well, not too much opposition.

One point: when the Blackhawk departed, my infantry was nearby, protecting the wreck. But they decided to jump as well into the heli and departed together with him ! Tourists !

In the 1st village (hmm, with the long name) there were no civilians around. Due to presence of ENY, or not implemeted yet ?

Looking forward to the final version & thx for your efforts.

Thanks for testing it koen!

Regarding the infantry mounting the call sign... Wops :)

Will see if I can sort that in some

Way, or else I have to write a warning in briefing.

The map is excellent and it's made by alphasierra, called as_desert (look it up in the mission editor, it's a great map!)

Regarding 1st village (no clue of name, work name has been NAI 1...) there is always civilians in some buildings, but the pedestrians will not be there (or few of them) if insurgents are in the village. Now that village is so big

SO you probleby just missed them, there aren't many about. I will not have scoring about how many you kill so missing some won't affect the score in any way.

/kt

I think the Canadians follow the Commonwealth convention for naming Inf Coys, so the Brief probably should read:

A Coy, PPCLI, not 1st Coy?

In addition there are (I think) 3 Battalions within the PPCLI, so it should be:

A Coy, 1PPCLI

A Coy, 2PPCLI

or

A Coy, 3PPCLI, but 3PPCLI (again from memory) is Light Inf - No LAVs, so I guess it should one of the first two options. :)

Also you may want to consider zooming the map in a bit, next time you save it.

KT,

Four of us gave this a run tonight (1 per vehicle).

AAR is here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19518131/1_Presence%20patrol%20ALPHA_052214GIBSON-SERVE1933.zip

In sequence I guess the points were:

1. There seems to be an issue with North bound Civilian traffic crossing the bridge at GR 1639 1314.

2. The usual dismount pathing issues in urban areas with lots of walls (for us in CHAMCHAMAL). Possibility of some gaps in some of the walls?

3. Unsure if you know but there is a land bridge across the CHAQ CHAQ CANAL just East of CHAMCHAMAL (so you can actually bypass the village if you wish).

4. Some jagginess with the roads in CHAMCHAMAL (particularly the Eastern Bridge).

5. Some "issues" with AI collision avoidance on the narrow roads:

14242047582_622a810f6f_b.jpg

6. The in game messaging tells us that the Helo went down NW of BAZIAN when they actually appear on the map NE of BAZIAN

7. Maybe some spell checking in the briefing. ;)

Apart from that, eight thumbs up for the four players involved.