3.0 playable vehicles

Warhorse6

Does anyone know what new playable vehicles will be in 3.0 from scuttlebutt or facts? One tank I always hoped for is the 60A3TTS..... still in service with many countries, and seeing as how I tanked every Abrams from the M1IP (NYARNG) and then M1A1HC-M1A2SEPv1 (1st Cav) I always wanted to try my hand at one..... all the old "dino tankers" that rode them had a soft spot in their hearts for the 60's and had I not had allot of them as mentors my gunnery scores would not have always been up there in the Bn to include 1 Top Tank gunnery........ Those guys that rode the 60's could TANK

There you go:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=19269

Since this week we're past the 50% threshold of the new feature presentation, and I suppose it's worth a summary. Update as of June 28:

Playable new weapon systems:

• MBT M1A2 SEP Abrams
  • MBT Leopard 1A5-GE
  • APC M113G4
  • RWS ERCWS-M
  • PMV Iveco LMV
  • ATGM Bill-1
  • ATGM Spike-LR
  • IFV ASCOD Ulan
  • IFV CV90/35-NL
  • M1IP Abrams
  • M1A1 Abrams
  • Leopard 2A5-GE
  • 4x4 Technical-F 2.7t ... with numerous MGs and the TOW launcher as optional weapons
  • IFV FV510 Warrior
  • ASV FV107 Scimitar
  • Leopard 2A5A1-DK
  • Leopard 2A5A2-DK
  • Unimog Supply truck
  • Unimog Troop transport

Playable overhauled or expanded (or auxiliary) weapon systems:
  • APC Boxer/Eng
  • APC Fuchs/Eng
  • IFV M2A2 Bradley/Eng
  • APC M113A2
  • MBT T-72M
  • ATGM Javelin
  • ATGM TOW (strike this, it's playable in 2.654 already)
  • M901
  • M966 (strike this, it's playable in 2.654 already)
  • UAV SensoCopter
  • MBT Challenger 2
  • MBT T-62
  • Wisent ARV
  • Lemur 2013X

Non-Playable new weapon systems:

• LT AMX-13
  • LT PT-76
  • MBT Leopard 1A2
  • MBT Leopard 1V
  • APC BTR-50
  • MBT T-72B(with K1 ERA)
  • AH-64A Apache
  • UH-60 Blackhawk
  • ASV Fennek-NL
  • ASV FV101 Scorpion
  • YPR-I 765
  • YPR-J 765
  • YPR-AT
  • Technical-T with 60mm Mortar
  • Technical-T as a troop transport
  • 60/81mm mortar teams
  • 3.5 t Technical with ZU-23/2 AA gun
  • BM-21 Grad 122mm multiple rocket launcher
  • 2S3 Akatsiya 152mm self-propelled armored howitzer
  • M1064 120mm self-propelled armored mortar carrier
  • IFV BMP-3
  • MBT T-90A
  • PRP-3 artillery observer
  • M109 155mm self-propelled armored howitzer
  • 2S1 122mm self-propelled armored howitzer
  • MAN 10t GL supply truck (well, not a weapon system, but it still counts)
  • BMP ambulance (same as for the previous entry...)
  • T-64A
  • T-64B
  • Unimog Ambulance

New key features:
  • Save mission in progress
    Single player, Multiplayer - doesn't matter. Save whenever you feel like it.
  • Join multiplayer sessions in progress
    If the host pauses the session and invites other players
  • Scripted mount/dismount command
  • Any infantry unit may mount any vehicles
    (the days of the parent-child relationship are over)
  • Weather control
    Dynamic changes of visibility, air temperature, barometric pressure, crosswind speed and direction; more in preparation (but not in 3.0)
  • Nation-specific camouflage options
  • Multisidedness
    Non-combatants, and irregular fighters
    About 90 western-looking civilians, and 20 Afghan characters
  • Parties may change allegiance towards you (or other parties) during a mission
  • Super-easy scripting for the creation of directed and random traffic, both pedestrians and cars
  • Four new or updated maps - Hannover-Weserbergland, Kouvola, Paderborn, Pakhajärvi
  • Functional artillery in 3D battlespace with realistic limitations in cadence, range, available trajectories
  • In high realism, artillery strikes will no longer be shown on the map screen. At all. You can still order a strike from the map view, but you'll have to memorize where it'll land (and when), and there's no feedback about the actual location. This strongly favors observed fire.

Like I wrote, we're about halfway through. Tired already?

;)

I have to caution you about the release date however. July 4th may not work out. We're nominally three weeks before the date, and one last key feature has not yet been implemented. Based on past experience this suggests that we would either have to skip that feature, or to further delay the release date. I think that SB Pro PE 3.0 would be incomplete if we shipped it with the old effects animations that you have seen in some of the recent screenshots. Therefore I tend to favor pushing back the release. We won't go overboard with the eye candy so not to delay the release too much, but fire and smoke and dust at the very minimum need to get updated.

I'll keep you posted about the situation as I have news to report.

that save mission mid game is going to be the best feature yet...... I had the original SB back when I was in the Army.... lost track of gaming and finally got back into it via a b-day gift from my wife of 2.654..... been blown away by it and it almost is therapeutic to me.... cant wait for 3.0 now! Only other thing I would like to see a few people do is build some gunner only missions... every now and then I like just sitting down and lazing and blazing without worrying about maneuvering....... best part of being on a leaders tank as a Gunner I found out... "you just maneuver this tank and platoon El-Tee and leave the gunning to me and the boys"..... which is exactly how it plays out on TTXII and what we called in my unit TT13... the battlefield.....

that save mission mid game is going to be the best feature yet...... I had the original SB back when I was in the Army.... lost track of gaming and finally got back into it via a b-day gift from my wife of 2.654..... been blown away by it and it almost is therapeutic to me.... cant wait for 3.0 now! Only other thing I would like to see a few people do is build some gunner only missions... every now and then I like just sitting down and lazing and blazing without worrying about maneuvering....... best part of being on a leaders tank as a Gunner I found out... "you just maneuver this tank and platoon El-Tee and leave the gunning to me and the boys"..... which is exactly how it plays out on TTXII and what we called in my unit TT13... the battlefield.....

Aha! A Masochistic tanker, eh?

Please, step this way, Sir!

Try the "Tank Range"

(This has the added bonus/compromise of affecting the AI Gunner's ability in Single player mode.)

Also, you don't have to use the Widgets if you don't want to, F3 = GAS, and Arrow keys = challenging to hit a moving target.

And try a scenario called "Evil HESH" should be in the downloads section. (Look up. Menu Bar. :) )

If you feel like a multi player session, there is TGIF & Various other units about.

Shameless plug:

We as UK Armour meet up Sundays, Mondays and Wednesdays at 20:00BST/1900GMT

And if "Steam Gunnery" is your "thing" try Soviet VU.

We use pretty much exclusively at the moment the T-72.

We consider the LRF and ballistic computer "Posh".

You can also learn how the "other side" fight. :biggrin:

You can't just throw T-72s at Leopard 2A4s, because they will just die, you need to be sneaky about it. :)

I can also send you a mobile practice / battlerun scenario where you have the choice of being in:

M1A1(HA)

ASLAV

M113AS4

and in:

Single vehicle

Patrol (2 vehicles)

Troop (4 vehicles)

and move down a lane where you need to not only engage targets but also do AFV recognition.

So the sequence is move, ID target, engage if appropriate (as shooting friendlies or neutrals is a bad idea), move.

You'd get a kick out of playing as my gunner in a multiplayer scenario.

"Okay, you destroy anything that you know is hostile and just yell if you need a different ammo type or if we should be popping smoke, backing up, etc. If you hear me blasting away with the .50, just make sure you traverse smoothly, but keep engaging. In the meantime I'm going to be buried in my maps, searching for targets, calling artillery, and yelling at other platoons to go do stuff."

You'd get a kick out of playing as my gunner in a multiplayer scenario.

"Okay, you destroy anything that you know is hostile and just yell if you need a different ammo type or if we should be popping smoke, backing up, etc. If you hear me blasting away with the .50, just make sure you traverse smoothly, but keep engaging. In the meantime I'm going to be buried in my maps, searching for targets, calling artillery, and yelling at other platoons to go do stuff."

Sounds like a baptism of fire/thrown in the deep end. :biggrin:

Actually, if you have a good guy in the gunner's seat, it's quite effective. I've got a buddy I play with occasionally and that's how we do it, and it works out quite well.

It gives me the opportunity to get into the map display and maneuver our supporting units without having to baby my gunner along.

If ya go to the TeamSpeak 3 channel and look under virtual units you'll see 3rd Armor...We do mostly just that ,tanking from the gunner seat but doing the maneuvering as well. Sometime we do full crews but mostly 1 guy per tank. We're there nearly 24 /7 and have some US tankers to share your stories with.

I may have to look into doing that as soon as I get home and get some quicker internet..... I drill oil wells and have been in New Mexico the past 11 days on this well..... fortunately I'm out of the trenches and riding a desk chair in a trailer house for 12hrs with my thumb up my rear..... and thats where ProPE comes in :) ........ but yeah I would love to do that, just gun..... in my 6yrs in the Army I spent the majority of my time as a Gnr..... got in during the "right time".... allot of 3 man crews, I seen Corporal/E4 TC's when I got to my Bn.... I became the PSG's Gnr as a E3 which shot me up the ladder pretty quick.... 1yr later when we drew SEPS I became the PL's Gunner (we shot high tank), then I went to Iraq as his Gnr and 4 months in-country became big 6's Gnr and spent the majority of the time as the TC of A60 as 6 rode a up-armored gun truck the majority....... after doing it all, real world scenario.... that gunners seat is where my heart will always be.......... one thing I think would be cool to integrate into a future version is to bring the MRS update into play so from the FCS perspective a gunner has to compensate for gun tube droop / heating........(I do realize I'm wishing one way here and that the sim is a maneuver based sim and as with SIMNET & CCTT its maneuver and then Gunnery is thrown in) that and I do think the coax could be a little tighter.... I know once mine was zeroed a 3 round burst was all I needed to get a kill on a troop target.. even if they were way out there on TTXII while covering another tanks sector... not all the "splash around the target" I get when engaging troops in the sim..... but on that note I think Pro Pe is better than a UCOFT and on par with AGTS