Too many TOWs for M2A2 (ODS) /Eng?

Gibsonm

Hi,

The Engr Bradley has 7 TOWs (two in the launcher and five stored in the hull), the same as the Mech Inf variant.

Should this be dialed down a little (either by the Scenario Designer or "officially") given that I suspect the back of this vehicle would be packed with Engr tools, stores, etc?

Certainly a M113AS4 in an Engineer unit in Aust is jammed packed with pavement breakers, picks, shovels, wire, "bang", etc. as well as the Engineers themselves and you are hard pressed to carry the official allocation of 0.50" ammo let alone something a bulky as a TOW round (and the back of a M113AS4 is spacious compared to a M2A2)?

Alternatively should we attach a truck to Engineer units to reflect where all their gear goes if the TOW allocation is correct?

• Moderators

Not that I know of, I haven't seen any information that they wouldn't be able to carry the same amount of TOWs in the ENG variant. The Bradley stores its TOW missiles in the side hull sponsons, not in the troop area AFAIK, so engineer equipment would theoretically have little impact on how many TOWs they could carry.

According to FM 3-22.1 (Bradley Gunnery) TOW allocation is identical for the ODS/ODS-E models, but you can't always trust the manuals. After all, the M1A2 TM says the tank carries 10,800 of 7.62 when you can't squeeze in more than 8,400 if you place it where it's actually supposed to stowed.