v2.640 Bugs

Scrapper_511

Just thought I'd post bugs that I've found so far playing a custom scenario of mine...

1) I noticed a soldier with a TOW launcher spinning around on the ground. The launcher was stationary but the soldier would spin horizontally around it.

2) Rifles seem to disappear on some troops. I've seen this on a squad assigned to a bunker and were in prone position. Later on I observed another squad where one troop in the prone position in a bunker had an invisible rifle. When his other two squad mates with visible rifles joined him in prone, the invisible rifle appeared.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings all,

Start off, thanks for this excellent addition/upgrade to the entire Steel Beasts ProPe series.

Have noticed some unusual behaviour on the AGL reloading of the Piranha 3C, main ammo was RWM 40mm x53Hl @500rds with second ammo set as M430 HEDP @500rds.

Fired off some starting RWM then selected to change to the M430 type, went to F8 view and the ammo was being completely loaded as single rounds. Entire loading cycle sound completed and only one round loaded then loading started again. (again only one round)

Should the ammo box not just be changed out, as it's a belt fed gun?

Testing continued for the AGL with the ground mount Inf. element. No issues there except the sight post has no indications marked for reference of range.

All for now, again thanks for all the work e-Sim

9erRed

I have a strange problem with some old scenario "updated to 2.640"

I had used an old scenario from 2.552 version and under 2.640 I changed the map terrain, edited all vehicles one by one (mean changing the vehicle type)

Saved in the mission editor under 2.640.

however everytime we try to play it, we do get a network overload. While host can nicely play and manage his units, guest vehicles with routes only move if the player is in that very vehicle (observer, gunner, or even in map)

but the rest of his vehicles stop moving.

Host gets all the time the message of network overloaded.

We have tried with 3 different servers and all had the same trouble with that scenario, while there were no troubles at all with other new scenarios.

I am enclosing here a zip file containing the Scenario, the DebugLog files from Host and one guest and the AAR.

This is one of my favourites scenarios, and it worked real nice before the upgrade. I thought that if using the 2.640 mission editor and saving it it would make it usable for 2.640.

Please confirm if this is the correct way to do or if Old scenarios are without remedy usseles.

Thanks

56e83cac98aa1_FuriasSceneryDebugLogandAA

FuriasSceneryDebugLogand AAR.zip

• Moderators
I have a strange problem with some old scenario "updated to 2.640"

I had used an old scenario from 2.552 version and under 2.640 I changed the map terrain, edited all vehicles one by one (mean changing the vehicle type)

Saved in the mission editor under 2.640.

however everytime we try to play it, we do get a network overload. While host can nicely play and manage his units, guest vehicles with routes only move if the player is in that very vehicle (observer, gunner, or even in map)

but the rest of his vehicles stop moving.

Host gets all the time the message of network overloaded.

We have tried with 3 different servers and all had the same trouble with that scenario, while there were no troubles at all with other new scenarios.

I am enclosing here a zip file containing the Scenario, the DebugLog files from Host and one guest and the AAR.

This is one of my favourites scenarios, and it worked real nice before the upgrade. I thought that if using the 2.640 mission editor and saving it it would make it usable for 2.640.

Please confirm if this is the correct way to do or if Old scenarios are without remedy usseles.

Thanks

Nothing seems out of the ordinary with it. Have you tried getting someone else to host it? Going by the debug log, Silen's ping was too large to host, thus the overload. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the 640 version or the scenario (at first glance anyway). And yes, I know that you say it worked before, but you should try to get someone else to host, and someone else to be a client before considering a bug here.

...but we are looking at it anyway. ;)

Volcan, we tried 3 different hosts and all reproduced the same trouble with the scenario. Those same hosts had no trouble to inmediately host other scenarios without no trouble, so I belive the network overload maybe related to the scenario since this only happens when we do try to play that one in MP.

So far other scenarios give us no troubles.

Yeah, I attached in my initial post, the scenario file, the debug log of the host and the guest and the AAR.

As addtional information I will tell you I have made a full clean install today, (Unistalled previous SB ProPe, delete mods folder, delete maps folder)

I installed the sim again and made new from the scratch the same scenario.

Same outcome :confused:

Network overload and guest units do not follow routes unless guest is manually controlling the unit.

this scenario uses the random variables to make spawn every time the scenario is launched, some of the MTB. in this case I have up to 16 tank platoons under variables X1 X2, X3, X4.

Tanks spawn with 0 ammunition and 0 fuel.

Also we have repair zones on the base, so all units have a condition to repair if inside base more than 15 minutes.

Victory conditions are simple. One side wins when they have more alive units into enemy base than enemy.

This scenario with all this variables and conditions was working real fine in 2.552 and we played it many times with no troubles, so after testing 3 diferent version of the same scenario in 3 different reliable servers and having redone the scenario 3 times, last time from scratch in a clean sim install, I belive this may be related to version 2.640.

I would appreciate any help on this.

• Moderators
Volcan, we tried 3 different hosts and all reproduced the same trouble with the scenario. Those same hosts had no trouble to inmediately host other scenarios without no trouble, so I belive the network overload maybe related to the scenario since this only happens when we do try to play that one in MP.

So far other scenarios give us no troubles.

Ok, thanks for the info (it is good to know).

I would appreciate any help on this.

Just give us some time to look it over. ;)

Ok here is an update for this bug.

We do believe it has something to do with the fact I have Windows 7 in Spanish version and in Spanish language because rest of people I know have no troubles with Windows English versions.

We have been doing multiple tests.

I have installed the sim 3 times, cleaned all folders, I even downloaded the Sim again to verify it was not a corruption issue.

Fact is, I can play Sp and MP most scenarios with no trouble.

However the problem comes when I create the scenario myself or I edit somebody else scenario and REFRESH MAP in the editor.

Then those maps are unplayable with a "network Overload" message, and "clock issues"

I am enclosing a pic with the clock error message.

So bottom line, if I create an scenario editor it will be "bugged" and unplayable.

If I edit someone else scenario in my editor and I use the "refresh" map option, that scenario becomes unplayable.

If I edit someone else scenario in my editor but I do not "refresh map neither change terrain" then that scenario is playable without troubles.

The problem goes with the scenario, no matter if I am the host or someone else.

So far we have tried it with 4 different hosts, all with same result.

I hope this information helps to indentify and kill that bug.

It is sad I cannot make scenarios since I was on a creativity rampage and with many ideas for the 2.640.

On the meantime I will try to use someone else scenarios as base for mine.

I will be waiting for news

SB_Error.jpg.70d56fea0de1330a0e4e51d5989

SB_Error.jpg.70d56fea0de1330a0e4e51d5989

Ok, after some more testing I think we have found a temporary solution for this issue (thanks SilenxG :) )

Change the language for NON UNICODE programs to English instead Spanish.

Now I can create scenarios and they work with no trouble.

However I expect you guys can find a better solution for this because changing this setting in my Spanish Windows, is giving me troubles with some other programs I have installed.

As additional note, I have verified that while now I can create new scenarios with no "bugs", previously created scenarios with the bug, cannot be fixed even if refreshing the map or editing them changing the terrain. They stya bugged.

I am not sure if this issue would be only affecting "Spanish Windows" but maybe any non English Windows versions that have their local language selected as NON UNICODE PROGRAMS LANGUAGE.

Well at least I can create scenarios now :debile2:

• Members

Glad you found a workaround, I wonder why these issues pop up now (and not with 2.552). I am wondering, I guess you are using the spanish language in SB? Does it help if you change that to english (for that test you'd obviously have to revert the windows locale setting back to spanish)?

Hi Retro.

I tried with SB in English, but had same troubles.

So far the only way to be able to create playable MP scenarios is with the Non UNiCODE programs language in English.

This issue is new and it is 2.640 relates since I have been using SB Pro Pe in the same computer for several years with no troubles at all.

Would be interesant to learn if this is only related to Spanish versions or any other non English Windows have such problem.

• Members
Would be interesant to learn if this is only related to Spanish versions or any other non English Windows have such problem.

Yeah.. it seems that at least ze Germans in PzB911 don't have this problem, they seem able to run new/updated scenarios without trouble.. but maybe they're all using english OS?

[Edit: a question, the hosts are also running spanish OS language?]

• Members

Can you test and see if renaming the "Español" folder to "Espanol" will solve the issue for you?

Maybe it's the use of this special character in the file path of your localization package that is somehow involved with it (while other languages that have no non-ASCII character in their file path don't show these symptoms).

Find it here:

C:\Program Files\eSim Games\SB Pro PE\loc

Yeah.. it seems that at least ze Germans in PzB911 don't have this problem, they seem able to run new/updated scenarios without trouble.. but maybe they're all using english OS?

[Edit: a question, the hosts are also running spanish OS language?]

Most os the host we tried, but Lipe and me, had thie OS and Sim in English, and they reproduce the problem if they host an scenario created by me (without chnging the UNICODE to English)

Can you test and see if renaming the "Español" folder to "Espanol" will solve the issue for you?

Maybe it's the use of this special character in the file path of your localization package that is somehow involved with it (while other languages that have no non-ASCII character in their file path don't show these symptoms).

Find it here:

C:\Program Files\eSim Games\SB Pro PE\loc

I will test it tomorrow Nils. I have flight training tonight. Would be great that this simple fix would be the solution.

I seem to be encountering an issue where some of the following units that are in a column formation will drive into the river when ordered to cross a bridge, causing them to malfunction and of course get stuck in the river half drowned. I dread to find out what would happen to them in other formations... The lead vehicle seems to make it through okay though. This behavior increases if there is a bit of a traffic jam.

Guest Killjoy

Tried the T-72 in Instant action.

Unlimited Sabot rounds but everytime I fire the gun it wont load another round.

Whenever the AI has control it loads just fine.