SB Pro PE 2.654

Ssnake

• Members

It will be posted "soon" on our Downloads page but isn't there just yet at the time of this posting.

We'll upload both a small patch (about 32 MBytes large) and a full version. If you have version 2.640 already installed, all that you need is the patch. For later, eventual re-installations, or completely new and fresh installations the big one might be more convenient.

That being said, here's the copy of the Release Notes.

(Old Release Notes retracted, please see page 3 of this thread for a revised edition)

Edited by Ssnake

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I thought we had done something about it, but I can't find it in the version history either. I may have missed to add this change to the text - so it's more a record-keeping issue than an actual failure to do something about it. But I'm not totally sure, I have to admit.

• Members

Please accept my apology for the oversight. Surely it'll follow in the next version.

I also want to use this opportunity to express heartfelt thanks to Volcano and the entire beta test team who, despite testers' fatigue, kept going with one "final beta" after the other, for several weeks. Basically we though we'd be there with 2.648 already, but then "one more issue" kept popping up which required another build, and another week of testing.

Beta testing tends to be a tedious and thankless job. I'd like to make it slightly less thankless, and so can you, too!

If I may ask these questions Ssnake,

1. “Buildings that aren’t supposed to burn, won’t” I did not know that some buildings can burn? If so which ones?

2. “Fixed a bug that prevented going from the free-floating 3D view to a different spot via map screen without first returning to the old view and then going to the map screen again". I'm confused about this, how does this work?

3. “Added additional folders for camouflage texture mods”. I looked and couldn't find the folders for this?

If I may ask these questions Ssnake,

3. “Added additional folders for camouflage texture mods”. I looked and couldn't find the folders for this?

I see a camo folder under the main application directory, in my case that's D:\eSim Games\SB Pro PE\textures\camo. It has a number of sub-folders beneath it. I'm not sure how it's different than the other folders though, as it has the same desert, woodland, winter folders as the usual structure does.