Live Streamed session tonight

Asid

Hi

The Dogs of War will be streaming a Live test session of a scenario tonight. The intention is to stream regularly in order to reach a wider audience as well as letting SB members watch the drama unfold live :c:

We might list the link tonight but are not sure about the time...so stay tuned.

Regards

7aeed2e6-469b-4ead-b41b-9eb4aedd1c9e_zps78ab8c8f.png

I can understand the "marketing" potential to people who don't already own a copy, but surely those who do would/should be actually participating?

I guess if you have only played single player and want to see the potential of multi player, without risk of stuff up/embarrassment then I think its a good idea.

A couple of tech questions though:

1. I presume you are limited to the POV of the person hosting the stream (e.g. 90mins in the gunner's sight), not moving around like a combat cameraman that we have had at other events?

2. What sort of bandwidth are we talking about for say a 90min session?

I like the idea of streaming... I'd watch it. I've actually streamed some Steel Beasts a bit myself on both Twitch and Hitbox over the last 14-ish months.

Unfortunately without some external advertising of the stream neither site is really conductive to getting views for games without an audience already. In Twitch those games will show up near the bottom of the list and Hitbox they won't even show up in the list without a magic number of viewers already.

Edited by Fadi
words

Hi

Quick update

We ran several tests streaming live.

• We used YouTube.

• Everything was smooth. Just like watching a video.

• What you watch is approx. 50 seconds behind what is happening.

• Easily accessible even on a mobile device.

• A video can be produced and made available of the mission easily.

• Sound good

• Video image good

We hope to run another test tonight. It seems that this is something that is worth exploring. Thank you for the comments.

Regards

I hope you make the videos available on Youtube afterwards, it is highly unlikely that I'll be able to watch them live.

Not trying to steal you away from the streaming idea, but if you are posting this "now" you maybe interested in the BG ANZAC meeting this coming Thursday.

The reason why I offer it is we are going to trial TeamViewer (a remote connection piece of software, free for non commercial use).

The idea being (and as yet still unproven - that is what Thursday is for) is for non users to connect to Teamspeak so they can participate in the chat but connect to a persion "in" the game via TeamViewer.

That person's screen appears on yours and you can see what is going on while still retaining the ability to chat.

You could also jump from computer to computer by closing one TeamViewer session and opening another.

Unfortunately because its a "live" activity its unlikely we'd save it (probably would need excessive editing anyway).

Anyway perhaps worth consideration.

Here is the thread:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=21118

Details of timings:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141009T0800

Count down: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20141009T08&p0=1440&msg=BG+ANZAC+Steel+Beasts+Session

Great idea, I haven't spent enough time with the game to risk multiplayer but would be good to see how the regulars do it.

There are already many SB multiplayer vids on YouTube. For example, Rotar has been faithfully recording the weekly TGIF sessions for the past 9 months. The recent Operation Variable campaign missions are online as well. For a more cinematic approach, see the Brave Rifles campaign videos.

Great idea, I haven't spent enough time with the game to risk multiplayer but would be good to see how the regulars do it.

I hope you make the videos available on Youtube afterwards, it is highly unlikely that I'll be able to watch them live.

Jimmy,

It's a common misconception that players need to be pretty expert to attend multiplayer sessions. Mostly, that's not true. Jumping straight into TGIF for your first multiplayer experience might not be a good idea, but if you join one of the established V.Us you will find them very welcoming to 'newbies' and they'll bend over backwards to help you. You will certainly find the learning curve a lot shallower when there are other humans (who were all newbies once) around to offer advice and tips. For example DoW (blatant plug) hold training sessions for everyone from raw recruits to experienced players who have hitherto been reluctant to volunteer to C.O missions. .

If you post here with the time period most suitable to you, I'm sure you will get an invitation from a 'local' V.U.