Lack of mods recently?

daskal

I cant help but notice the lack of mods (skins mainly) being put out to SB recently. Not that the lack of mods in itself is a "bad" thing, but there is barely anything showing up in the mods section since quite a while. Eversince ver 2.6 we have a ton of new stuff in the sim for skinning, but the previously rocketing modding appetite has seemingly disappeared...

I found that they are more difficult to do now. With the new engine, colors may look more washed out and muted, so the way they look in a paint program is different than how they actually appear in play. A lot of older skins I uploaded no longer look like their screenshots, paint schemes and camo patterns tend to look really faded. If you try and make a camo scheme that looks a bit weathered and faded out, it tends to look very faded out, almost imperceptible except at close range. If you want to see an example of this, look at the tracer effects of bullets and main gun rounds- they don't look as bright as they once did, as I believe these are 2D sprites.

The older skins I've uploaded no longer resemble the screenshots, I've hesitated uploading new ones for the reason there is a new learning curve for me to find the right balance between colors being over saturated and cartoony looking or looking extremely faded so as to be practically not noticeable, and because of that, I've been too lazy to experiment with it lately.

I'm with the good Captain here. I've been updating all of my tri-color skins and have several Czech and Chinese skins done as well, but am having a difficult time getting them just right.

I am really keen to see some of the Chinese skins when they are finished,

What vehicles are you looking to do?

TAC197

Hi Guys, I'll use this thread to say hello, I'm new here. I would also like to ask You a question. What are Your recomended mods that works on lates version of the game? I tried Fire and Smoke ver. 1.3, but it seems it doesn't work properly. I used some sound mods and I like it a lot (thank You Dasklal), but please tell me Your top 10?