If you have Norton Internet Security, please disable it and see if that fixes the problem. (Norton Internet Security seems to block communication to a port that the CM stick uses.) If that fixes the problem, then you need to add the CodeMeter Runtime Server program to the list of programs that the Nortorn Firewall will permit to run. (I'm not certain about this last part, but there should be a way to let Norton Internet Security allow the CM stick to access the port.)
If turning off your anti-virus/Internet Security program does not work, then it's possible (although very rare) that the license is not in the stick. To check this, first, start the CodeMeter Runtime Server with dongle in the USB port. (Start | All Programs | CodeMeter | CodeMeter Runtime Server).
Next start the CodeMeter Web admin program. (Start | All Programs | CodeMeter | CodeMeter Web Administration)
Then click on the Contents button. Next click on Licenses. Now, do you see a license listed for eSim Games? (It should have a firm code of 100146.) If so, and if you click on that firm code number, it will list the product codes. Do you see product code 11051?
If you don't see these things, then please do the following:
Also you may want to upgrade your CodeMeter firmware. Please read this thread to learn more about your options.
- First ensure that the CodeMeter runtime server is running with dongle in the USB port: Click Start | All Programs | CodeMeter | CodeMeter Runtime Server (either application or service).
- Right click on desktop and select "New | Wibu Control File."
- Click on Create.
- In next dialog box, check the "New Firm Code" box and enter firm code "100146".
- Click on OK, and the control file will be created on the desktop.
- Send the file to email@example.com, along with your Order ID (which was sent in your confirmation email).
- eSim Games will send back another file.
- Right click on this new file and select "Update CM-Stick." The CM Stick should now be updated.
Should you be using a 64 bit Vista
version, you need the 64 bit CodeMeter runtime software. Download it directly from www.CodeMeter.com
Another popular source of trouble is the Data Execution Prevention.
Right-click "My Computer" and select System Properties
In the following window, go to the Advanced
Click on Settings
of the first item, System Performance
This opens a new window. Now pick the third tab, Data Execution Prevention
See if it is switched off, or enabled. If enabled, you may want to whitelist the Steel Beasts executable as well as the CodeMeter executable.
CodeMeter technical support also recommends to explicitly install the CodeMeter runtime with administrator privileges. To do so, hold the Shift key and right-click the setup executable, then pick from the context menu "Run as Administratror".
Also, please make sure to uninstall previous CodeMeter runtime versions.