A confession

streakeagle

For a number of reasons, I haven't played SB Pro PE in some time. Primarily, I am a flight sim jockey. When I played SB in recent history (year or more ago?), it was with a Warthog HOTAS. But I had built a dedicated seat/stick/console setup for flying that used a stick from a real F-4 Phantom and it was a hassle to set up the Warthog stick on the side or on the desk. The F-4 stick was not the best interface for the gun and I can't stand to use a mouse, even if it is superior to a stick.

As an M60A1 addict, I did buy and try Steel Armor:Blaze of War. I really liked it other than it wasn't really set up to let me use hardware other than a keyboard/mouse. I wish SB Pro PE has an M60A1 or M60A3 modeled as well as its M1 series. I also wish being the tank driver in SB Pro PE was as fun as driving an SABOW.

To support more modern aircraft with their super complex stick grips, I have removed/replaced my F-4 stick with the Warthog stick (at least for now), but it has a 15 cm extension to replicate the movement range of the F-4 stick. I am curious as to how this setup will work with SB Pro PE. Trying to get it working now, but it is already an hour past my bed time since I need to get up at 6 AM :P

Please excuse any typos/grammar issues... I am tired and have just finished a glass of rum and coke :)

I got it up and working with the latest version/hotfix. Been a long time. Forgot how fun and easy it is to make a T-72 turret pop up :) It didn't take me long to remember my stick mappings for laser designation, sight zoom, thermal/normal toggle, etc.

I am too out of practice to get more than 3 or 4 targets before getting zapped in the M1A1 instant action mission. Plenty of fun anyway. But I need to go to bed.