Welcome to Steelbeasts.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

D u k e

Im Memoriam - Honor our fallen virtual tankers here

70 posts in this topic

Also I hope no one was as I'm not permitted to participate if someone was.

If they'd asked, I would have raised it.

Awards

Thanks for a lovely event Pz911, D u k e and other friends. I had to pull the pin at 1000 my time due to some family responsibilities as Alfa was heading to Brigade replen.

Got to participate in the salute which was touching (RIP Manteuffel and thanks for the maps) and mission one was looking in good shape for the final push when I had to leave. Salute to Alfa comrades and good luck on following 'not so easy' missions.

Also I hope no one was as I'm not permitted to participate if someone was.

If they'd asked, I would have raised it.

huh,whatd you get banned?

Thanks to all for a very enjoyable evening. Tempered only by the loss of the one who made it possible. A fitting tribute indeed. Godspeed, Manteuffel!

thx for the event. Sadly I had to work early which left me with only one game.

One of the best I had in SB so far luckly. Thx to all that participated.

EDIT: And just dropped by before work. I guess Zaphod is getting his game time up hehe. nice 8)

One Salute and Five Missions and we called it quits.

Eleven and a half hours with much enjoyment had by all.

My thanks to the PzBtl 911 team for putting it together and for the works for the man himself.

He was only with us briefly but the impact of his contributions will last a long, long time.

Awards

Thanks to everybody for participating!
It was the best 11 1/2 half hours online in my life :)

Thanks to everybody for participating!

The same here even though i "only" lasted 7½ hours.

Hi guys,

thanks for last evening /this morning.

For the guys which are interested in the Server AARs, I uploaded all AAR files to our TS, Channel: Datenspeicher/ Files (Upload, Download).

attachment.php?attachmentid=14529&stc=1&d=1456067323

cheers

D u k e

SS_22_49_28.jpg.f9d761efe8ec8e4c1a1d8bd3

SS_22_49_28.jpg.f9d761efe8ec8e4c1a1d8bd3

Thanks to all who put this together. I think we did the best we could to send our friend off in SB style to Valhalla.:sad2:

Awards

you should send something to his wife,prehaps a framed screenshot of the salute.

I'm absolutely shocked. I have been out of the loop reading the forums lately (busy with parenting), and have only learned of this while reading 4.0 release notes just a minute ago:

"The Hannover-Weserbergland and Paderborn maps have been updated by our friend Michael “Manteuffel” Sielemann. Unfortunately he did not live to see the results of his effort in the new terrain engine, but died in early 2016. We will remember him."

I was hoping this to be some sort of sick internal easter egg, but unfortunately it isn't. We have met personally in 2014 when he was passing through Hungary and staying in Budapest for a couple of days. He was one of the nicest chap I have met and we had a great night out getting wasted and going full-on fanboying about Steel Beasts making maps etc. We were only having beers, but the next day he missed his plane due to us being thirsty. I have been actively talking to him during 2015 and we even planned a joined holiday in Germany, going to Munster, and getting me hooked with the rest of PzB 911....

Last photo taken from our night out:

20140507_233653.jpg