Im Memoriam - Honor our fallen virtual tankers here

D u k e

14 minutes ago, Nike-Ajax said:

It is with the greatest of sorrow and respect, that I now add the name of Dboy/Dlad with a heavy hand and heart, to the list of people that we will have to live without and miss. @dlad sadly passed away on the 9´th of November 2020, unknown to anyone of us.

Derek Hannan as his real name was had been a core member of the community for years and not just with Kanium.

He was a gentle, friendly and easy going man who never had a harsh word for anyone, but always time to help anyone. He was one of the rare type of people who offended no one but was friendly with all, without being submissive.
His knowledge was substantial, but never thrust upon anyone.

I have played with him for years, but would happily have played with him for many more.

I have only the deepest respect for him, and will miss him dearly.

The world just got a little smaller.

Requiescat in pace Derek and my thoughts goes out to his family too.

😢

+1 Dboy was one of the nicest person’s that I have even known. He was committed to playing SB multiplayer and really enjoyed it. 

• 2 years later...

Sadly I am again put in a position to mourn a good man.

In this case Mikkel Neess, who by most people in this community was known as SwordsmanDK.

SwordsmanDK.thumb.jpg.d18cbfb91bab522b7c1bbe89c42e3619.jpg

SwordsmandDK2.jpg.5c01bc3f76288f60536383bc54db410e.jpg

He was suddenly taken from us on the 24th of August 2023, at the young age of 40.

No words can express the sadness this news brings.

I was fortunate to meet him several times and talked and chatted with him regularly. He was a good man, a good father and a good buddy to play with.

He not only created Kanium but created joy, with his scenarios but for countless others with his legendary food.

May he rest in peace and I wish his family and children all the best in what must be an impossible moment of grief and sorrow.

He was too young, too good and too nice to leave us all so soon.

In the words of the Havamal, because my words are failing me:

Cattle die and kinsmen die,
thyself too soon must die,
but one thing never, I ween, will die, --
fair fame of one who has earned.

Mikkel will be remembered ...

Edited by Nike-Ajax