Welcome to Steelbeasts.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Damian90

Poland Armed Forces Modernization.

107 posts in this topic
On 2/24/2017 at 3:59 PM, Damian90 said:

It's not about any modern vehicle, but fascinating story in itself. I strongly recomenned everyone to watch this video, and don't worry, there are english subtitles added. ;)

Excellent video.

The passion showed by the restorers impressed me there's a vehicle very similar to the Tankette in Bovington Tank museum.

When most people see an old AFV wreck rusted and battered they probably think its only fit for the scrap yard

Wheres a real enthusiast will see a piece of history.

Also the reenactment was very well done.

Edited by Marko

21 minutes ago, Marko said:

Excellent video.

The passion showed by the restorers impressed me there's a vehicle very similar to the Tankette in Bovington Tank museum.

When most people see an old AFV wreck rusted and battered they probably think its only fit for the scrap yard

Wheres a real enthusiast will see a piece of history.

Also the reenactment was very well done.

Thanks! Well you know, people here are really passionate about history. I hope soon the Armored Vehicles Museum in Poznań will be opened for public after relocation outside military base, then I can visit it in my free time, and get inside more vehicles. ;)

Soon, 15th August, here in Poland we gonna celebrate Armed Forces Day with grand parade. Like each year I will participate, and hopefully I will be able to provide some photos or even videos to you guys. :)

I can only say at the moment, that units and equipment that will participate in parade, is already being moved to one of several military bases around Warsaw.

http://www.defence24.pl/644757,pancerne-przygotowania-do-defilady-defence24pl-tv

Preparations for the Armed Forces Day Parade. In the link there is video presenting excercises.

There will be a lot of vehicles, 30 tanks (10 Leopard 2A5, 10 Leopard 2A4, 10 PT-91), 8 AHS Krab, 8 AHS Dana, various Rosomak variants including Rak 120mm mortar. It's also said that during parade we will see US Army Strykers, and there also will be M1 MBT and M2 IFV on the static display. And of course much more.

Videos from the night Armed Forces Day parade rehearsal. Enjoy!