SB Pro PE 4.0 - Discussion thread

Rotareneg

36 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

With regret, I need to pull my claim that version 4.0 will have MANPADS. Looks like I was a bit too eager here (and I guess we're all so tired by now that our impulse control is slowly giving away...). I'll try to be more cautious in future statements.

No worries, we've still got one at least - the RBS 70. It can be used as a proxy in the admittedly reasonably rare situations where another MANPADS is desired in-game.

Edited by Panzer_Leader

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Panzer_Leader said:

No worries, we've still got one at least - the RBS 70. It can be used as a proxy in the admittedly reasonably rare situations where another MANPADS is desired in-game.

All good we still have the 2S6/ZSU23/24/ plus its good practice for IFV gunners to down some helicopters the 40 on the CV-90 with proximity fused ammo will do nicely.

Has anybody ever downed a helicopter with the RBS 70 I tried a couple of times but no luck.

Edited by Marko

To Nil's credit, there is a LOT of new stuff with this update.  To the point that some of us have forgotten about things we've done/updated etc.  

He may have pulled the trigger early on the Manpads, but as he stated over there, the Avenger is indeed going to be in the update.   And that means NATO finally has a dedicated air defense vehicle in SB, which is a very good thing.  

Edited by RogueSnake79

7 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

But a Gepard would have looked much sexier. ;)

With the exception of the M1, I agree, American ground vehicles are nowhere near as aesthetically pleasing as their German, British, and Russian counterparts. As the saying goes, money can't buy class. Just kidding, that was unpatriotic of me.

Anyway, I think the M163 would qualify as "cute".

13 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

And at least it will be used "in role".

No risk of people trying to use it as a huge MG on tracks to clear urban areas. :)

Well it worked for the Russians in Grozny.

They used ZSU 23/24 to clear high roof tops of rebel ATGM teams and snipers

I would speculate that's why they built the terminator support vehicle 

Edited by Marko

2 hours ago, Scrapper_511 said:

With the exception of the M1, I agree, American ground vehicles are nowhere near as aesthetically pleasing as their German, British, and Russian counterparts. As the saying goes, money can't buy class. Just kidding, that was unpatriotic of me.

Heading way off-topic, but to give US AFV designers their due I'd argue the M48 was an aesthetically pleasing design.