• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, D u k e said:

Hi Ssnake,

good news but take your time to check the 4.xx version.

I can wait 4 weeks longer, absolutly no problem.

cheers

D u k e

Thats just because your on vacation phhffftttt:P

Have a nice time cu when you come back

MD

Edited by Major duck

1 hour ago, Parachuteprone said:

Since we will be able to place company size templates I wonder if we should have a thread to discuss/post typical formations for the various countries/dates ?

Or will there be a new download heading for templates ?

It would be really helpfull if we could put meta data in there like how the infantry was organised and armed as well as which time period country and unit / Unittype plus call sign template and vehicles types and armament / Ammo

5 hours ago, Ssnake said:

The server will run on the same license as it currently does. What's needed is the server executable. Contact me after release, I should have the URL ready then. Until then, there's too much other stuff to do.

Snake, a quick question. I bought a time limited license on june, how much will I have to pay for it to be upgraded to 4.0?

Yes but that is one of the advantges of a time limited licence you get the latested upgrade as long as your licence last but in the long run the bill will much more expensive

Ssnake have said that a couble of times already

Edited by Major duck

4 minutes ago, Major duck said:

Yes but that is one of the advantges of a time limited licence you get the latested upgrade as long as your licence last but in the long run the bill will much more expensive

Oh, then I'll get it for free. That's good to know. I don't buy the classic license mostly due do the fact I live in Brazil and shipping costs plus taxes are really expensive for me.

2 hours ago, DrTeflon said:

Oh, then I'll get it for free. That's good to know. I don't buy the classic license mostly due do the fact I live in Brazil and shipping costs plus taxes are really expensive for me.

Time limited license = perpetual payment but get upgrades so long as license is still active.

Permanent license = license always active but must pay $40 if you want the upgrade.

Edited by Azure Lion

So Scenario file Question time:
Now when the terrain engine is postboned to later date, does that mean the change from Height/Terr file to LNT/MMM file will not be done? So for now we can keep going on as before with mission sharing in MP etc without having to make sure people have downloaded correct height map in advance etc? 

/KT

Edited by Kingtiger

• Members
11 minutes ago, Kingtiger said:

So Scenario file Question time:
Now when the terrain engine is postboned to later date, does that mean the change from Height/Terr file to LNT/MMM file will not be done? So for now we can keep going on as before with mission sharing in MP etc without having to make sure people have downloaded correct height map in advance etc?

Yes!

But you are on borrowed time. Once THAT the high resolution terrain comes (Q1/17) changes are inevitable - simply because high resolution terrain inflates file sizes. Not by a factor 500 as the resolution increase suggests, but still enough to make "map distribution via Assembly Hall" a non-starter, given that most people are on DSL connection with substantially slower upload than download speed, and that some people are still on dial-up connections.

When a combined map sizes exceeds 200 MByte, say, and you have 10 connected clients that are all unprepared, you'd need to squeeze 2 GByte through an 1MBit upload stream, which is a four-and-a-half hour process. So, clients will have to come prepared to a game session.

I suggest that you start training your co-players in the six months that you still have to change habits that will be highly disruptive to others in the future (which probably already are disruptive, just not in a crippling way).

• Members
4 hours ago, DrTeflon said:

I bought a time limited license on june, how much will I have to pay for it to be upgraded to 4.0?

Nothing, provided that the license hasn't expired yet.

It's been answered by others already. I'm just repeating it so you have a direct, official response. :)

8 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

I suggest that you start training your co-players in the six months that you still have to change habits that will be highly disruptive to others in the future (which probably already are disruptive, just not in a crippling way).

Yes, 6 months reminding latecomers "in 6 months time you will miss the game arriving this late" should do the trick. :)

1 hour ago, Ssnake said:

Nothing, provided that the license hasn't expired yet.

It's been answered by others already. I'm just repeating it so you have a direct, official response. :)

i think a couple of pages ago, you confirmed a few new pea shooter models?

can you confirm whether we'll be seeing an fn mag and minimi model? thanks

2 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Yes!

But you are on borrowed time. Once THAT the high resolution terrain comes (Q1/17) changes are inevitable - simply because high resolution terrain inflates file sizes. Not by a factor 500 as the resolution increase suggests, but still enough to make "map distribution via Assembly Hall" a non-starter, given that most people are on DSL connection with substantially slower upload than download speed, and that some people are still on dial-up connections.

When a combined map sizes exceeds 200 MByte, say, and you have 10 connected clients that are all unprepared, you'd need to squeeze 2 GByte through an 1MBit upload stream, which is a four-and-a-half hour process. So, clients will have to come prepared to a game session.

2 hours ago, Kingtiger said:

Yes, 6 months reminding latecomers "in 6 months time you will miss the game arriving this late" should do the trick. :)

Well when you get the "Send mission to clients?" dialog box open up.

Click "No".

^_^

'course most peoples response would be :

:|:oo.O:/:SO.o

and Katie = :D

:P

18 minutes ago, chrisreb said:

Assume Kanium /Dogs of War will need to co-ordinate so missions/players are all on same version? Sounds tricky to get everyone on the same page

Not at all.

If you are talking about this sunday its easy: Buy 4.0 and install it before sunday 1800 UTC. (As the new terrain engine is delayed 6 months we still use the normal .sce file for sunday so no new hassles there).

If you talk about the future with the new terrain engine it is still simple.

We Upload all needed files to participate in a dropbox folder (Or something like it) that is named and known for all who use to play with us well advance of the game time (say 12-48hours before) and there you just download the files, drop them in your respective SB folders on your computer and there you go, time to come and play as usual.

as easy as my wallet a few days before payday.

Edited by Kingtiger

4 minutes ago, Kingtiger said:

Not at all.

If you are talking about this sunday its easy: Buy 4.0 and install it before sunday 1800 UTC. (As the new terrain engine is delayed 6 months we still use the normal .sce file for sunday so no new hassles there).

If you talk about the future with the new terrain engine it is still simple.

We Upload all needed files to participate in a dropbox folder (Or something like it) that is named and known for all who use to play with us well advance of the game time (say 12-48hours before) and there you just download the files, drop them in your respective SB folders on your computer and there you go, time to come and play as usual.

as easy as my wallet a few days before payday.

Thanks for - my wallet also trembling!