Maps of Somalia

RedWardancer

I don't know mate.

This could be one perhaps?

Or maybe you would like to use some Russian map such as Navyengorod where you instead change theme to be something of more.. European / desert? 

Vietnamese maps as well came into my mind but im not too sure... maybe that would be too much inland. 

Ill be trying to look something that would match Somalia on following days.

Ok, next question: Civilians.  I want to have the bullet-catchers (civvies make up more casualties in war than combat troops for being caught in the crossfire, massacres, etc) to do something other than just stand there.  I want some of them to walk "racetrack" patterns repeatedly.  Not all of them, as there are a lot of civvies (30 at this point).  None are armed and will not be armed.  Also, if someone (red side) decides to conduct wholesale slaughter, I want the civvies to run away.  Am I correct to believe the Conditions window solves this? 

Man you're taking a lot workload to yourself. Okay...

First unarmed civilians are not able to run at all. But you can put them on routes that end to battle position with hold command... Then they will go inside most near building. So make them to walk small circle repeatedly until they become under fire... And that would trigger them to go to route to nearest building and to battle position with hold tactics... Aka inside the building. Good enough?

Alternatively you can arm them but only equip them with machine gun and one bulled... And to have retreat (top speed) command upon coming to under fire and you will see them running like headless chickens.

Or better mix of two.. Make them to have weapons if they get under fire or if they see enemy... And then to do same.

Also... Red side will engage these if they have weapons... So you get your slaughter too.

As for repeating route.. Like circle. Just make a waypoint... And route that ends to that waypoint. Give it condition embark if. If this unit is not under fire. And you will see it walking that route endlessly untill it becomes under fire. To make unit exit. Make a route with retreat top speed from waypoin to where you want them to run. And with embark if command embark if under fire.

This should do at least something. Trouble is that armed civilian on retreat route will likely use smoke to cover retreat so perhaps use assault instead.

• Members
3 hours ago, RedWardancer said:

Ok, next question: Civilians.  I want to have the bullet-catchers (civvies make up more casualties in war than combat troops for being caught in the crossfire, massacres, etc) to do something other than just stand there.  I want some of them to walk "racetrack" patterns repeatedly.  Not all of them, as there are a lot of civvies (30 at this point).  None are armed and will not be armed.  Also, if someone (red side) decides to conduct wholesale slaughter, I want the civvies to run away.  Am I correct to believe the Conditions window solves this?

If you script them individually, I suppose you can make them flee the scene.

If you're using autonomous pedestrians with the spawn and drain zones, they won't react adequately to life-threatening situations. We need to get a few basics right first before we can turn our attention to topics like this. They aren't forgotten --- but first steps first.