Rolling Thunder 16 - Update

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Gibsonm said:

Well as I said before I can record preferences but the CO's plan might require some units to be better manned than others.

Not a problem , I am easy that way..... I say that to the women and they seem to take my wallet instead :(

OK.

So I heard the immortal words "playable Marder" and I'm thinking that we could do something special this year.

I'm not suggesting that previous upgrades have been trivial but the scope of this one seems to be "wow" (to quote a technical term).

Is there an appetite for:

1. Conducting Rolling Thunder as planned in 3.028 (this is locked in and not the special bit).

Then once 4.x is released ...

2. Refighting each mission using 4.x on a one mission per week basis?

This would make it more like a campaign and would not require people signing up for an all nighter (depending on where you live).

Format would be:

Week 1 1800GMT Saturday - re run German Mission (with updated map [may or may not make big changes], Weather, Marder, etc.).

Week 2 1800GMT Saturday - re run US Mission (with updated map [may or may not make big changes], Weather, etc.).

Week 3 1800GMT Saturday - re run UK Mission (with updated map [may or may not make big changes], Weather, etc.).

It maybe weekly, it might be fortnightly (feedback please).

But there will be a 3.028 version and if enough people ask a 4.x version.

Could provide some nice compare and contrast video options, etc.

Thoughts?

"For when too much Steel Beasts is never enough!"

Edited by Gibsonm

I doubt it, as that tends to be during the day here and while I try to be a "good guy", taking the day off work so you guys can have a more convenient time slot is problematic.:)

Also Fri Ni US time would clash with TGIF which as a policy I try to avoid conflicting with.

Edited by Gibsonm

46 minutes ago, Major duck said:

With the work already done for RT 16 i think it screams at doing a 4.0 version , i am definitively for it i am just afraid that because i have work every second weekend that i will miss some of those.

MD

Well the timeframe is variable:

Once per week

Once per fortnight

Once per month (probably wouldn't want to go too far beyond that though).

Edited by Gibsonm

26 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Well the timeframe is variable:

Once per week

Once per fortnight

Once per month (proably wouldn't want to go too far beyond that though).

I am all for once pr fortnight just the right ones

9th,23rd July and 6th of August would be awesome for me

the 25th of June is Ã…ben Hede where we meet up with the Germans, a swede, a Canadian and at least 3-4 Danes if not more and we might get 1 Dutch guy as well

I don't think you guys quite understand.

I'm not asking if you'd prefer doing a version 3.028 version or a 4.0 version.

I already said the 3.028 is locked and loaded - we will be playing that on the date, time, etc. already indicated.

What I was asking was if there was interest for a 4.x version as well - played at a later date, and if so the frequency.

Just typing "4.0" or "I would also vote for 4.0" adds no value to that conversation. :)

It is not a case of "do you want a 3.028 version or a 4.0 version"

Edited by Gibsonm

26 minutes ago, TSe419E said:

My reply was intended to express my desire to ALSO play it with the 4.0 version.

Yes that one was fine, some of the others don't give me any context though and I just wanted to ensure the thread didn't spin out of control (that would never happen on the Internet :)) and become some sort of 3.028 Vs 4.x poll. ;)

Edited by Gibsonm