SB 4.0 licence

jtyotJOTJIPAEFVJ

• Members

That was probably a long while ago...?

Since before (or shortly after) the release of version 3.0 license updates no longer rely on Java or ActiveX. It utilizes now a winsocket (websocket?) connection, and only if that fails, falls back on these older technologies. Of course, some data exchange between server and client must be possible. The client must be ready to receive incoming files, for example.

Not sure if we are talking about the same issue. When you buy a licence from e-Sim and receive a link via email the automated process of transferring the licence does not work using Windows edge. Not sure if the majority of users have encountered this issue as I upgraded to Win 10 fairly late.

6 hours ago, IrishHussar said:

Not sure if e-Sim are aware of this??

So with the new release coming soon has anyone addressed the issue for Win 10 users updating a licence. Microsoft Edge does not allow the use of Jave applets, the last time I updated my dongle online I had to install a different browser ie Firefox in order to complete the online update.

quick and permanent fix, dont use Microsoft internet func it sucks bigtime so why have this conversation the other browsers use less ram and cpu are more secure (Microsoft use the typical behavior of shutting everything down and then if the customer want to use it they lay the blame on the customer, awesome tactic and very user friendly) Hope this helps

I used to work in that company and still have fond memories from there but that policy stinks to high heaven

• Members
4 hours ago, IrishHussar said:

Not sure if we are talking about the same issue. When you buy a licence from e-Sim and receive a link via email the automated process of transferring the licence does not work using Windows edge.

I don't know Edge, so I can't say much about it. It may be an issue of how this browser is configured, or a more fundamental issue about which web technologies are supported. In any case, we depend here on what Wibu Systems supports with the WebDepot so no matter what the real issue is, we don't really have much influence. We cannot force MS to support the technologies that we depend on for the license transfer. We can only ask Wibu Systems to support Edge (and I suppose all their other customers are already doing that, IF it is a fundamental issue). Our only option would be to dump CodeMeter and look for some other solution - possible, but a tad drastic in the light of dozens of other (free) web browsers that can be installed, so there's a number of workarounds.