Snow??

foxlarry

Gentlemen, I was watching the "SB Museum" videos on the Youtube channel. I noticed that the author created an environment with a lot ground snow. When I create maps from the SB inventory, and use the various "Winter" themes. In the menus, I get the standard menu options such as, "No snow on roads". I have trouble trying to provide actual ground snow cover. I would appreciate any advice on how to apply snow on the Winter maps I create. Much thanks in advance to anyone offering said advice.

You might try starting with a theme like "Realism_Winter_(snow-heavy).thm" and going from there. If you're editing a theme to make it a winter one, you'll need to change the textures so it looks like snow, select the "Is snow" check mark, select an appropriate snow depth, and then pick what kind of road conditions you want. Also note that the map editor can be a bit buggy when editing themes: You'll probably have to draw on the map after making changes before they'll look correct in the 3D view (making any change will work, even drawing the same terrain over itself, like water on water for example.)

Oh, and also select Winter for the terrain type on the top of the theme editor so the sim can pick the correct textures for buildings and camouflage.

Edited by Rotareneg

Thank you Gibsonm, and Rotareneg! Your quick, concise, and informative advice, is greatly appreciated. I have been a Military game tinkerer, since the 1990's. I love creating my own scenarios, and pushing the limits of game editors, etc. I purchased SB in 2000, after reading a review, and it has been my gaming mainstay since. Once again, thank you for your help and kindness. I live in Connecticut, U.S.A. and snow is an important part of my environment :D, L.M., U.S. Army, Signal Corp., Ret.   

Edited by foxlarry
Left out word