Battle of the CV's

Marko

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all depends...  I somehow cannot see that AMOS would be modeled to Steelbeast in depth of tanks and IFVs...  if it would. Especially if it would be much like some aircraft modules on DCS...  id probably spend lot more time on that just because its something new and likely.. very different.   Also could very likely be or become crucial part of battlefield if used correctly. Trouble is...  I kind of dont even think that it would be coming. While Cv120 light tank then again, would not be that different from tanks or other cvs.. and would see it much more likely. 

15 hours ago, GSprocket said:

Ok. So Red legs don't fight. Interesting.

A Swedish Bn have 2 Plt of 3 Mortar each. In total 6 tubes. So AMOS in Sweden would probleby be 3 Vehicles. If you think any Bn commander want to use those 3 vehicles in a direct firing role when we have tanks and CV90s you must be out of your mind.
If redlegs have to fight something has gone terrible wrong.

And I cant for the life of me see how you can put AMOS in the Combat vehicle category and want it compared to IFVs like CV9030-CV9040 (And the CV90120 that popped up here to).

So no disrespect for our "Redlegs" but they are not supposed to fight, just provide me with indirect fire.

/KT

Aren't fires a large part of modern fighting though. They don't have to be over open sights to be fighting.

Also I'm fairly certain that engineer, command, and some logistics vehicles fall under the AFV remit.... and armoured SP artillery would definitely count.

On 2016-07-22 at 4:59 PM, Marko said:

Which version of the CV series of IFV's do you prefer out of the five variant's modelled in SB

what variant do you think is the most combat effective in game.

Uhm... Yes.

But this thread is called "Battle of the CV's" and marko posted:

Which version of the CV series of IFV's do you prefer out of the five variant's modelled in SB

what variant do you think is the most combat effective in game.

So we are not talking about AMOS or SPG or Eng combat vehicles. We are discussing the different CV IFV versions. 

/KT

6 hours ago, GSprocket said:

Also I'm fairly certain that engineer, command, and some logistics vehicles fall under the AFV remit.... and armoured SP artillery would definitely count.

Sure but pretty sure the topic was asking about "IFV"s not "AFV"s there is a difference.

IFVs are a subset of AFVs.