Shocking Scientific Breakthrough!

GaryOwen

Shit, I did this field work YEARS ago and drew the same conclusions. However, my results showed that it was inhibition that decreased rather than occular clarity increased. Frankly, with each incremental increase in BAC my colleagues and I cared less and less about the following:

1) what will my friends think if I bone this beast?

2) how will I live down the shame of shagging this porker?

3) where did I drop my rubber?

4) where am I?

5) who am I?

As you can see these very key survival instincts were impaired as we imbibed the nectar of illusion and regret.

In any case, I believe each generation, given advances and evolution in the libations and concoctions of the day, must renew this sort of basic research in the interest of humanity. As has been pointed out, the ability for the gene pool of specimens such as TH to propagate depends on the verity of this very science.

THANK GOD FOR BEER!

OTOH it might have worked for you if you became more attractive to someone else... no? It just doesn't work on you.

That would presume something like good looks on my part. I've caused multi-car accidents, just crossing the street. I've turned people to stone, and I've caused stone to melt.

...I believe each generation, given advances and evolution in the libations and concoctions of the day, must renew this sort of basic research in the interest of humanity.
You know, there may actually be something to that. The number of thoroughly clueless individuals that one runs into would in fact seem to militate strongly in favor of that line of reasoning.

People who would have in earlier times been eating by a lion or fallen off a cliff because they were otherwise powerless upstairs yet seem to perpetuate, nay thrive unto this day (and use cell-phones while driving). One can only suppose that our distant forebears (and maybe some of the fivebears as well) were impairing their judgement even then.

There's a research topic worthy of my tax-dollars; a study which will at least attempt to determine how long humanity has been drinking.

Shot

A few years they did some research with rats on arousal. The found that male rats became aroused when they became conditioned by a particular female that repeatedly let them mate over an extended period of time, no matter how unattractive she was.

Attractiveness was measured by finding the female rats that all the males would go after, as opposed to the ones that were typically ignored.

Success versus frustration is a powerful thing. ;)