4.0 - Q key/ Track ir

ht-57

Firstly, Fantastic work! tyvm for your efforts!

1-this may be by design if so, pardon me for not reading release notes completely. the "q" key, the one which you use to stick ur head out of the turret works fine  but when im in driver position doesn't seem to work.

2- I had this issue in 3.0 with track ir5 and had posted it. In gunner position of the m1 sep, when looking around the interior.  i use the mouse curser to switch a button

as soon as the curser switches from pointer to "+"  the turret slews to position of the "+".   This behavior doesn't happen in the leo4.

TY for your time and providing a sim that has outlasted a couple of pc's!

• Members
19 hours ago, ht-57 said:

2- I had this issue in 3.0 with track ir5 and had posted it. In gunner position of the m1 sep, when looking around the interior.  i use the mouse curser to switch a button

as soon as the curser switches from pointer to "+"  the turret slews to position of the "+".   This behavior doesn't happen in the leo4.

Hmm this seems to work as desired to me. The '+' cursor should actually only appear if you do not click on a specific button, but on an 'inactive' part of the 3d model. This then causes the cursor to gain control of the turret, and you can slew it using the mouse (while looking somewhere else). The reason you don't see this behaviour in the 2A4 is that the M1A2 has the 'biocular' view display (this round 'display tube' showing the TI image), allowing the GNR to 'sit back' ('relax' would be too optimistic I think :p) and still fight the tank (or at least observe using the TI), so him having control over the turret's direction while not directly looking through the sights seemed to be a good idea (IIRC the vehicles with VIS - CV9030/35 - work the same).

Of course if it turns out that ppl hate it I guess we could reconsider (maybe we could require the user to actually press the 'palm switch' hotkey while not directly in the sight view)..

• Members

....yeah, but we have traditionally adopted the abstraction/simplification that we would bypass such restrictions because our simulated vision blocks show less than what's actually visible through them ... so that for the sake of better training for the crew commander in an all-human crew we would allow it.

Thankz for reply's.

@Retro

On 8/15/2016 at 4:06 AM, Retro said:

having control over the turret's direction while not directly looking through the sights seemed to be a good idea (IIRC the vehicles with VIS - CV9030/35 - work the same).

Of course if it turns out that ppl hate it I guess we could reconsider (maybe we could require the user to actually press the 'palm switch' hotkey while not directly in the sight view)..

If I need to use any of the control surfaces whilst a target is in the crosshairs this is a real PIA. The weapon system doesn't work like that in actuality,

meaning I turn my head and the turret slews?

So perhaps giving the student or rather the user a choice/hotkey is a real consideration?