Welcome to Steelbeasts.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Rotareneg

We love videos

121 posts in this topic

Since there wasn't a SB specific video thread like the SB screenshots one, I figured I'd start one.

Here's an uncut run of Zipuli's Tank Platoon in Attack using the M60A3 (TTS):

That video of the bus was kinda creepy.  Like dumping a box of ants out on the ground when they exited. :o

Edited by RogueSnake79

Awards

Hmm, as far as that bus video goes, now all we need is a colorful smart car and clown skins for civilians.

The "Arc of fire" isn't.

It's the arc of main attention, where 25% of all observation time is being spent. So, a 90° cone means equal attention in all directions.

The LOS bubble sets the reference point for seeking hull-down positions in the absence of enemy units.

11 hours ago, Azure Lion said:

Hmm, as far as that bus video goes, now all we need is a colorful smart car and clown skins for civilians.

4b61d5db88ce94222013461366f6632f.jpg

Awards

That's easy.  Just go to your nearest basic training unit and get 40 raw recruits.

We referred to them as STUMPs.  Stupid Trainees Under Military Protection.

I couldn't believe I couldn't find a crewed T-55 video.

Here's a raw video of it at the gun range. 

Now, we need some old school gunnery tank warfare. Shot Kals, T-55s, and T-62s...

Looking at the minimal kit the infantry disembark with in this and other older Marder videos, and the difficulty they have disembarking even with that, you can see why the Puma is long overdue. The over fighting compartment MG3 mount is nifty, but I can see why they discarded it. Ditto the firing ports. I loved the 1:87 Roco Minitanks as training aids. 

Edited by ChrisWerb

30 minutes ago, ChrisWerb said:

Looking at the minimal kit the infantry disembark with in this and other older Marder videos, and the difficulty they have disembarking even with that, you can see why the Puma is long overdue. The over fighting compartment MG3 mount is nifty, but I can see why they discarded it. Ditto the firing ports. I loved the 1:87 Roco Minitanks as training aids. 

Sandbox exercises are an important part of the training. Also it was often nice to see the creativity of the sandboxmakers. Sometime you got really beautiful terrain models 😀