We love videos

Rotareneg

• Members

The "Arc of fire" isn't.

It's the arc of main attention, where 25% of all observation time is being spent. So, a 90° cone means equal attention in all directions.

The LOS bubble sets the reference point for seeking hull-down positions in the absence of enemy units.

Looking at the minimal kit the infantry disembark with in this and other older Marder videos, and the difficulty they have disembarking even with that, you can see why the Puma is long overdue. The over fighting compartment MG3 mount is nifty, but I can see why they discarded it. Ditto the firing ports. I loved the 1:87 Roco Minitanks as training aids. 

Edited by ChrisWerb

30 minutes ago, ChrisWerb said:

Looking at the minimal kit the infantry disembark with in this and other older Marder videos, and the difficulty they have disembarking even with that, you can see why the Puma is long overdue. The over fighting compartment MG3 mount is nifty, but I can see why they discarded it. Ditto the firing ports. I loved the 1:87 Roco Minitanks as training aids. 

Sandbox exercises are an important part of the training. Also it was often nice to see the creativity of the sandboxmakers. Sometime you got really beautiful terrain models ?

• 2 weeks later...