We love videos

Rotareneg

Video from 29th Decembers huge and long scenario. 6 hours recorded video compressed to 1 hour 43 minutes. I have added recordings of the AAR to keep people informed about where we are and what happened. Basicly you follow me and Deekay fighting in two Marder 1A3 as Echo platoon, Lions dedicated left flank cover through some intensive and relaxing periods during these 6 hours. Enjoy! 

On 1/3/2018 at 1:33 AM, Kingtiger said:

Video from 29th Decembers huge and long scenario. 6 hours recorded video compressed to 1 hour 43 minutes. I have added recordings of the AAR to keep people informed about where we are and what happened. Basicly you follow me and Deekay fighting in two Marder 1A3 as Echo platoon, Lions dedicated left flank cover through some intensive and relaxing periods during these 6 hours. Enjoy!

KT,

Thanks for filling in the gaps for me. BTW, I certainly would have told you about the BRDM if I was in control of the CSS when you arrived at the ammo truck. :)

Also has anyone raised the mount / dismount issue for Mech Inf after this event?

6 minutes ago, Volcano said:

Infantry mount/dismount issues in Network Sessions are known (if you mean that they sometimes sit and wait to mount, with door open, and seemingly no troops are left to mount).

I'm not sure, I just heard some complaints on the audio track over Teamspeak for both KT's Platoon, and some other Mech Inf player.

• Moderators

Hmm, well, the bug has been around for years. We have been improving the situation from time to time, but it is taking time to get completely to the bottom of it (whether it is a desync issue or just a matter of soldiers getting stuck in places). It should hopefully be improved in future versions (4.1x).

As for how to avoid it, it usually involves giving the unit to someone else when it is having the problem (like the host, if possible), and then giving it back. If someone has a reliable test case where this happens (a test scenario where it can happen quickly), then we would certainly like to see it.

@Volcano There are three dismounts bugs that I am aware off:

1.The one you describe, where they sometimes sit and wait to mount, with door open, and seemingly no troops are left to mount
2. Cancelled Mounting/dismounting. Where while a team mounts/dismounts you by accident yerks the vehicle back/forward/left/right and the mounting/dismounting hangs with 1 or 2 soldiers in the vehicle and 1-2 outside. I havent found a permanent way around this, sometimes dismount/mounting works, sometimes they refuse, sometimes you have to kill the personel outside the vehicle.

3. You mount your troops, drive 100m and the vehicle forcefully stops. you can force it to move 100m more again but then it stops again. All troops are on board so its not missing anyone. Solution is to stop and dismount all personel and remount them, that solves the problem.

Tragic common to all 3 of them is that they happen just about every time we play online but I havent managed to reproduce them offline in a test scenario.

• Moderators
23 hours ago, Kingtiger said:

@Volcano There are three dismounts bugs that I am aware off:

1.The one you describe, where they sometimes sit and wait to mount, with door open, and seemingly no troops are left to mount
2. Cancelled Mounting/dismounting. Where while a team mounts/dismounts you by accident yerks the vehicle back/forward/left/right and the mounting/dismounting hangs with 1 or 2 soldiers in the vehicle and 1-2 outside. I havent found a permanent way around this, sometimes dismount/mounting works, sometimes they refuse, sometimes you have to kill the personel outside the vehicle.

3. You mount your troops, drive 100m and the vehicle forcefully stops. you can force it to move 100m more again but then it stops again. All troops are on board so its not missing anyone. Solution is to stop and dismount all personel and remount them, that solves the problem.

Tragic common to all 3 of them is that they happen just about every time we play online but I havent managed to reproduce them offline in a test scenario.

I have to ask, how large was the scenario? How many vehicles on both sides, and how many troops?

From what I heard, the scenario is just too large. A single regiment on Red (90 vehicles, ~150 troops) is a practical limit for WAN setup. Anything larger than that is LAN material.

It has been mentioned many times: troops are the lowest priority on the network messages, given their numbers (vehicles and projectiles being the highest), so if the network becomes overloaded in a huge scenario WAN session, then it is perfectly logical that the infantry will become desyncrhonized like that.

• Moderators

Actually, besides infantry issues relating to scenarios being very large, I did see an oddity tonight in a smaller scenario where one soldier was running in place next to the vehicle it was supposed to mount. We will keep an eye out for these things for sure - I wasn't trying to minimize it, just saying that scenario size does play a huge factor.

(Also, it is better to report this kind of stuff in the Support Forum from now on though.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...