Panzer_Leader scenarios updated for 4.0

Panzer_Leader

Hi All

I've started updating my scenarios to take advantage of the new features in 4.0 and thought I would consolidate links to the updated scenarios in this thread as they become available.  First cab off the rank is 'Area Reconnaissance at Neustadt am Rübenberge 1989 v2.0 (4.0)'.  This includes replacement of the original proxy ASLAV-25 with the SPz Luchs (Lynx) 2A2!

Changes from v1.4:

- The ASLAV-25 is replaced by the SPz Luchs (Lynx) 2A2.

- Minor changes to Blue organisation and call sign template. (Based on Fahrzeug Profile 38, 'Die Panzeraufklärungstruppe der Bundeswehr 1956 bis 2008', Heeresstruktur 4).
- M735A1 APFSDS-T KE ammunition replaced by DM33.
- The Wisent ARV is replaced with the M88A1.
- Red light machine-gun (LMG) squads are equipped with the PKM.

The next updated scenario to be published will be 'Armoured Infantry Company Attack at Rydsgard 1991 v1.4 (4.0)'.

Enjoy!

Edited by Panzer_Leader

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks thewood. Strange, because I can see and download the file despite the 'Pending Approval' status and message (I tested it before I started this thread) but maybe that's because I'm the scenario publisher. Certainly, there have been no additional downloads since I uploaded the new file. It looks like one of the administrators needs to approve the upload for it to become visible and downloadable for others.

Great, thanks Bond_Villian. I playtested it last night and had a lot of fun. Replacing the proxy ASLAV-25 with the genuine Luchs 2A2 is a game changer!

I'm aiming to playtest 'Armoured Infantry Company Attack at Rydsgard 1991 v1.4 (4.0)' tonight (including Splash's Danish M113A1 skin) so that should be up next, hopefully in the next 24 hours or so.

Will we see you at BG ANZAC tomorrow night / soon?

No games for me tomorrow, but ill certainly be along to thursdays sessions again when possible (probably next week). A thought (and question) regarding the scenario also; ought the german infantry be carrying the G3 rifle instead of the G36? And are there infantry skins in the 4.0 update that look more like 1989 equivalent?  Thanks again for your scenarios

Cheers

Edited by Bond_Villian

26 minutes ago, Bond_Villian said:

A thought (and question) regarding the scenario also; ought the german infantry be carrying the G3 rifle instead of the G36? And are there infantry skins in the 4.0 update that look more like 1989 equivalent?  Thanks again for your scenarios

Cheers

If there's a way to change the G36 to G3 I'm happy to do so (they have 7.62 mm ammunition in the scenario), but I haven't found a way after playing around with it a bit in the Mission Editor (I believe, but may be wrong, that the rifle type is hard coded for national troops).

Try this amazing skin by Falli over at Steelbeasts.org (you'll need to create an account and login (I recommend using Chrome and its embedded translation)): http://www.steelbeasts.org/downloads.php?do=file&id=871

It's the infantry skin I use for this scenario and adds a lot to immersion.

Cheers

Thanks for your feedback thewood, I enjoy building scenarios at the combat / company team level for Blue so it can be played single player without being impossibly challenging, and hopefully finding some time to participate in the close fight from the commander's or gunner's seat, but can also be played multiplayer by a VU like BG ANZAC. Thankfully, I've found the recipe generally works.

The next scenario updated to 4.0 standard is available for download:

The key change in this scenario is replacement of the Soviet Naval Infantry's T-55A m.1970 of the original with the historically correct T-55AM now that it's available (thanks eSim!).

I'd also highly recommend downloading and installing Splash's Danish skin for the new M113A1 for that extra immersion:

Thanks Splash!

The next scenario I'll publish updated for 4.0 will be 'Mechanized Infantry Company Team Attack at Gershausen 1987', probably over the weekend after playtesting.

Cheers

51 minutes ago, Panzer_Leader said:

The next scenario I'll publish updated for 4.0 will be 'Mechanized Infantry Company Team Attack at Gershausen 1987', probably over the weekend after playtesting.

Cheers

Perhaps tonight?

Subject to atmospherics, random WiFi capacity, etc. ;)

Edited by Gibsonm

Next up, due to some accelerated and vicious playtesting by BG ANZAC last night, is:

The the key changes to this scenario for 4.0 are:

- Appearance of Red personnel changed to 'USSR' (classic Soviet Motorised Rifle Troops). 
- Blue light-machine gun (LMG) squads equipped with M60E. Red LMG squads equipped with PKM.
- Blue rifle squads equipped with 5.56 mm machine gun and 700 ready rounds representing M249 SAW and 25 40 mm grenades representing M203 grenadier.

The scenario is set late afternoon and the effects of the virtual location - a (formerly) pretty valley in Germany - and lighting changes heading into dusk had some of the playtesters more interested in being virtual tourists than soldiers! (Keep an eye out for the amazing moon making its appearance, if you're not too busy dealing with Hinds, say).

Edited by Panzer_Leader

On 17 augustus 2016 at 8:15 PM, thewood said:

Just want to mention what a great beginner's scenario this is.  Small number of units, relatively easy orders, and time to make decisions.

Area Reconnaissance at Neustadt am Rübenberge 1989 v2.0 (4.0): 

Awesome mission indeed !

But the commander of the Soviet MRC occupying Neustadt could have increased his security ?

No dismounted infantry, no sentinels on the ridge south dominating the city, no dug in vehicles (no time maybe).

With a lone Leo I could do a destructive raid in the city.

After which I also shot up a column if trucks & Rus howitzers ;-)

Anyway, really enjoyed the mission, quite a realistic feeling and lots of immersion.

Thx Panzer Leader !

On 8/21/2016 at 5:34 AM, Koen said:

Area Reconnaissance at Neustadt am Rübenberge 1989 v2.0 (4.0): 

Awesome mission indeed !

But the commander of the Soviet MRC occupying Neustadt could have increased his security ?

No dismounted infantry, no sentinels on the ridge south dominating the city, no dug in vehicles (no time maybe).

With a lone Leo I could do a destructive raid in the city.

After which I also shot up a column if trucks & Rus howitzers ;-)

Anyway, really enjoyed the mission, quite a realistic feeling and lots of immersion.

Thx Panzer Leader !

Thanks for the positive feedback Koen. The Soviet MRC is conducting a hasty defence, having occupied Neustadt am Rübenberge only the evening before, hence no dug in vehicles. There are some dismounts, including RPG ambushes along Blue's potential axes of advance, and some ATGMs and AGLs covering the same. Any escape route back to Neustadt am Rübenberge for a Red OP on the ridge to the south is too exposed but it's well covered by observation and fire and I've certainly never been able to get too comfortable there. Having said that, I took a look at Red and found some legacy scripting that means not as many dismounts deploy from their BTR-80s in the town as probably should, and that will be corrected in the next release. It is possible to go raiding in Neustadt am Rübenberge (I have and it's fun!) but I think the orders and mission scoring should prevent the temptation to do that unless you've already achieved all the objectives and don't mind the risk of attriting your force below 70% and losing your points for maintaining combat effectiveness. Put another way, there's no upside benefit in terms of the scenario's scoring if you go raiding, only downside risk. Certainly, in the ~10% of cases when the MRC is not reinforced by T-64Bs or BRDM-2 ATs, a BTR-equipped MRC on its own that isn't dug in isn't the most powerful defending force in the world and will have a hard time stopping determined Leopard 1s.

Cheers  

Edited by Panzer_Leader

9 hours ago, Panzer_Leader said:

I took a look at Red and found some legacy scripting that means not as many dismounts deploy from their BTR-80s in the town as probably should, and that will be corrected in the next release

Perhaps the Red infantry can be the 'new' soviet type? Those tan uniforms are sweet!

Trying to download brings me to the download scenario page.  When I hit the download button, a pop-up window show´s up saying you´r download will begin in x seconds, once the download starts and finishs, what I have downloaded is a HTML file.

Any clues to this?  It goes into a loop, bringin up the same HTML download page everytime you hit the download.

Thanks for you´r effort Panzer_Leader!

Care,

Edited by Red2112