(Western) infantry load-outs in 4.0

Panzer_Leader

With the additional options for infantry included in 4.0, scenario designers interested in doctrinally-accurate equipment and ammunition settings will need to start thinking about the mix of personnel and weapons and ammunition available to rifle / light machine-gun squads, sections, platoons and companies like never before. I've been doing this for the US and Australian infantry in my scenarios, which I'm currently updating to 4.0 standard, and came across this excellent document detailing the standard equipment and ammunition loads for US infantry in Afghanistan: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71686353/ModernWarriorsCombatLoadReport_16AUG16.pdf 

As a template for many similarly-equipped Western armies, and when combined with any other publicly available doctrinal material, it helps triangulate the mix of 5.56 / 7.62 mm weapons and ammunition (M4/16, M249, M240 etc.), 40 mm grenades and other weapons / ammunition in 4.0 to equip your infantry with in the Mission Editor. That's if you don't already know it through personal experience of course!

Cheers 

Edited by Panzer_Leader