preset groups

Veteran66

Formation Handling

It is now possible to assign multiple (up to 240) units to “preset groups” – e.g. a company team. It is then possible at runtime to enter a New group route that will automatically get cop- ied over to all other members of that preset group; the first route leg is always on hold to allow individual route adjustments before then a “group proceed” command can be given. 

How will it work?

• Members

You must assign these groups in the planning phase. Mark all member platoons (Shift+click? Ctrl+Click?) then assign them to one of the "preset group" numbers. Whenever you later right-click on a member of such a group you may then select "new group route". After you plotted the prototpype route all units are still in "stay" orders, so you have tome to adjust the individual route before you then give the command to move out.

3 hours ago, Ssnake said:

You must assign these groups in the planning phase.

Mark all member platoons (Shift+click? Ctrl+Click?) then assign them to one of the "preset group" numbers.

Whenever you later right-click on a member of such a group you may then select "new group route".

After you plotted the prototpype route all units are still in "stay" orders, so you have tome to adjust the individual route before you then give the command to move out.

How do you get them in preset groups?

What is Shift+click? and Ctrl+click?  ?

12 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Then use the context menu, as always

Edit: I see it.

File -> Presets

Not the result I expected. It just allows me to give simultaneous & parallel waypoints. I was hoping this would allow me to plan a single waypoint for multiple units. 

Edited by Apocalypse 31