Muzzle flash transfer

delta6

It looks as though the file particles.dds in your Images install folder handles all the muzzle flashes, HE explosions, and burning fires from tanks with their turrets knocked off. The 155mm artillery shares the same effects as the other all the explosions, so it can't be done to make it bigger. I think the program uses the same images but just automatically scales and animates them for different situations. I've started playing around with this file to change the colors and brightness:

SS_17_04_16.jpg

On 19/08/2016 at 7:35 AM, delta6 said:

What files do I look in so I can put the M1A2 muzzle flash in place of the M109A3 muzzle flash??? I have the muzzle flash for the M1A2 but what file do I transfer it into?? Do i rename it???

Pretty sure he wants the "muzzle flash" i.e. when the vehicle fires, not the "catastrophic hit" effect, i.e. when the vehicle has been hit. :)

Edited by Gibsonm

And I said as far as I can tell, they all share the same effect. Basically when you watch the artillery firing, it looks like the same cookoff plume effect, it's just extremely difficult to capture in a screenshot, because the timing to get it is extremely difficult. But when you see it, it is similar to the plume that I show above, it's just on the screen for an instant. Basically the program stretches the tank muzzle flash to create that plume effect for both the cookoff and the artillery blast, so they share the same graphic image, but the program automatically changes the dimensions in different situations.

Edited by Captain_Colossus

As Colossus figured out, that dds is just a resource used in many of the fire effects.  We completely ripped out the old system, and replaced it with an actual particle system.   And none of this can be modded.  All you can do is edit the some of the dds. files that the particle system uses.  There are plans to add more effects, and improve some for special vehicles like artillery in the future.   The old system, while it did allow users to edit things, was very primitive.  With the new system, we now have something to build off of.   And something that is worth working with.   4.0 is really version 1.0 of our new particle system.  

• Members

Note that muzzle fireballs are usually less spectacular for the naked eye. There is no extended exposure like on photographs, and parts of the fireball would appear semi-transparent while on a photo they appear solid. Just sayin'....