Planning to upgrade to 4.0. Couple questions.

[]_--__[]KITT

I have forgotten whether the game has newer Russian ATGMs modeled like the Kornet for example.

Are newer Russian ATGMs modeled in the game?

My PC specs are the following:

i5 4690 3.5GHz

GTX 960 2GB

16GB DDR3 1600MHz

Will this play Steel Beasts Pro PE 4.0 decently (like in medium with 3KM view range?)

Thank you! It's nice to see SB Pro keep on being updated!! My version is 2.584 I think. Upgraded last time 2 years ago in December I think.

My specs are similar/worse than yours

i5 4670 @3,4Ghz
GTX 660 (I'm pretty sure it's 2GB)
8GB DD3

With the default settings it's as playable as SB 3.X was for me.  With very large and dense forest areas and towns with a lot of houses I get a big dip in FPS (Just like I did in 3.X) to an unplayable level, with thermals more so than without. I might not get a solid 60fps all the time, but for me anything around 30 and up is playable.

18 hours ago, Nasder said:

My specs are similar/worse than yours

i5 4670 @3,4Ghz
GTX 660 (I'm pretty sure it's 2GB)
8GB DD3

With the default settings it's as playable as SB 3.X was for me.  With very large and dense forest areas and towns with a lot of houses I get a big dip in FPS (Just like I did in 3.X) to an unplayable level, with thermals more so than without. I might not get a solid 60fps all the time, but for me anything around 30 and up is playable.

Thank you! How bad is the fps when it dips badly? anything above 30 fps is acceptable to me too for SB Pro PE but less would start to annoy me.

Edited by []_--__[]KITT

Vikingo has published here on the forums some Graphic adjustments for Nvidia users and with your system properly tunned you can have a very smooth and nice performance. In my case I have to say that 4.0 runs better  and faster than 3.0.

I have an i5 OC at 4,9Ghz with a GTX 770 and 8 Gigas Ram and during multiplayer with all the game graphic options maxed out I get between 60 fps in most stations to 28 fps on the Wide field TIS. Outstanding visiaul quality and you really do not realize you only have 28 fps.

In Single Playet apparently you even get more fps.

Search for Vikingo Graphic settings here and give it a try. ;)

15 minutes ago, Furia said:

Vikingo has published here on the forums some Graphic adjustments for Nvidia users and with your system properly tunned you can have a very smooth and nice performance. In my case I have to say that 4.0 runs better  and faster than 3.0.

I have an i5 OC at 4,9Ghz with a GTX 770 and 8 Gigas Ram and during multiplayer with all the game graphic options maxed out I get between 60 fps in most stations to 28 fps on the Wide field TIS. Outstanding visiaul quality and you really do not realize you only have 28 fps.

In Single Playet apparently you even get more fps.

Search for Vikingo Graphic settings here and give it a try. ;)

Thank you Furia. I'm pre-ordering another game soon Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 which will cost 100 bucks (I know it's ridiculous). I think I will defer buying, maybe. If I cave in I may buy 4.0 earlier. If not, closer to Christmas.

Finally, I caved in and upgraded from 2.6 to 4.0. However, it seems I cannot select some of the new tanks in instant battle such as Leo 2A6 or the M60. The version is indeed 4.0.

Am I missing something or are they not included for instant battle? Thank you.

UPDATE:

Just after posting this I loaded the game again and the tanks are there in tank range buy not in instant action. Still missing T72 m.2012 and Leo 2A6. Leo 2E is there though.

Very nice update. Happy to see SB Pro PE to have kept up with time. Graphics aren't very important to me when it comes to sim as I put more value in gameplay but I don't mind the eye candy :)

Edited by []_--__[]KITT