T-72 and Autoloader

BigBadVuk

Guys, i spent last 30 mins or so in some custom made missions where i made all enemies blind :D so that i can shoot at them in peace and without any disruption with my brand new T-72B 2012. For pure gunnery practice.

While i was shooting just KE rounds everything was just as it was in sb 3.0, however when i switched from SABOT to HEAT at one moment, i noticed that carousel rotating sound was notably longer - like it should be since it takes a time for it to rotate around until correct round is lined up with rammer and gun breech.

First I was like WTH, then i remembered that loading time can vary considerably in USSR tanks with rotating autoloader, just like in RL. Did any 1 else noticed this please? 

I havent measured times, but it was longer for sure ( or i need to quit drinking) :). Small details, but very very good one!

I just didnt established are changes made just for new vehicles ( B variants ) or it is also done backwards for M models.

In any case this got me so happy i had to share with you :D - GJ SSnake & guys!

I remember reading this in the manual :  The carousel rotation is limited to 1 direction only. In normal operation, the cassette loader takes 6 seconds to load a round. However, it can take up to 15 seconds to load a round if the round desired is a 355 degree turn of the carousel away.

It can feel like a eternity when you have a tank lined up in the sights!

33 minutes ago, dejawolf said:

been like that ever since the first T-72 was made playable.

The T 72M1? I never noticed tbh. Maybe because i was too lousy gunner to hit anything with HEAT :D

So i havent used them in any case ..

But it really adds to immersion!

6 hours ago, BigBadVuk said:

The T 72M1? I never noticed tbh. Maybe because i was too lousy gunner to hit anything with HEAT :D

So i havent used them in any case ..

But it really adds to immersion!

Well maybe you'll have better luck gunning in the t72b1. It's got a lead displayed while laser ranges.

On 8/24/2016 at 6:33 PM, Kev2go said:

Well maybe you'll have better luck gunning in the t72b1. It's got a lead displayed while laser ranges.

Yeah it is different story... With M1 on range i reached 70 % of hits ( not score) and it took me new joystick and lot of practice... with T72B i have routinely 85-95% of hits regardless of rounds i use.

1 hour ago, BigBadVuk said:

Yeah it is different story... With M1 on range i reached 70 % of hits ( not score) and it took me new joystick and lot of practice... with T72B i have routinely 85-95% of hits regardless of rounds i use.

same. even with practice,  taking the t72 on range i could never get better than 60%, on average got 50-55% though.  neither i have the best intuition for applying manual lead. IN comparison, my very first go with T72B1 I got 80%.

In contrast  to those older cruder tanks, M1 abrams is easy mode on the gunnery range. get 90-95% like every time. Yea going to older tech is nice for a bit of challenge. Funny enough though the T72M1 was actually the first MBT i familiarized myself with, when i downlowed SB. I felt it would be better to start learning with older tech, to get a grasp of the basics. As far as simming went i felt more comfortable starting with older tech, becasue before this is had simmed with Steel Armor Blaze of War, which represented the M60A1 and T62 tanks. i had no experience simming in  fully modeled modern tanks

Guess thats the obvious point technology, making life easier.As a observation in general,  Older tech systems easier to learn, but harder to master, relying more on actual skill. Newer tech more complex to intially learn, but will offer better more efficient results, and will feel easy in the long run due to relying on less manual skill. I could say the same with flight sims.

Edited by Kev2go