Kanium Sunday 4th Sept 1800 UTC

Swordsmandk

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Grenny said:

Still no list on what to sign up for in OPFOR. BMP? tanks? school buses?

...hence why i wrote: "where needed"

Good point:

T72obr 2012 (At least one full coy)

BMP2

BTR80 with HVY WEAPONS Teams and ATGM

The best red equipment sb can provide...

Edited by Swordsmandk

my notes so far:

NOTES:
1) Penalty Zone (!!!!)
2) G4-G3 M113 ok
3) Weather- Rain off
4) No pre placed sniper stuff - to hard to see ok
5) Speedtest ok
6) Visibility (to bad for red side)
7) t72+ (to few)
8) Starting distance to close 
9) Deployment zone to close
10) Solid template - Supply 
11) Arty breifing
12) ALT+F12

Edited by Swordsmandk

3 hours ago, Swordsmandk said:

10) Solid template - Supply

More specifically - better callsign setup/task organization. Neither the CDR or XO had control over any of the support vehicles because they were listed under a separate company. 

Need the Commander and XO to actually own the vehicles - recommend the HQ Team and all support assets are on the A Company.  

Was indeed very useful and interesting.

As mentioned here, would be great to have a better callsign organization. Yesterday we were operating in 4 possible different enemy axis and areas and all the information and requests were being sent just to F-66 who I guess could have eneded up  saturated and overloaded. He did an awesome anyway !!

I didn't know  the XO callsign (my fault since I should have asked) neither any callsign for vehicles support.

Since in this persistent campaing vehicle recovery would be critical, I believe we should have a strong organization for that and SOP for such task so we can recover and salvage as much damaged vehicles as possible. The fact that with 4.0 we can tow vehicles would surely help.

If the enemy is going a have even larger number of vehicles, we also should reinforce the logistic aspect of rearming since some heavily engaged units may run out of ammo real fast. Yesterday one of my Centauro had to rearm during combat (killed 3 BMP vehicles and damaged a few others but was very low in ammo)

Regarding the comments from the OPFOR about the "thermal" impact, well, this is how it is in real life. Russian equipment of that time and probably of today, does not have the same level and quality of equipment than the Western side. That didn't deter them to think they can easily overrun any NATO defences of the time. ;)

They have numbers, tactics and doctrine to deal with that. You have to "think in Russian" to operate that equipment. Yesterday I saw enemy BMP and T-72 trying to "snipe" on us as if they were on an M1 and our Leos and even the Centauro had a field day with that. However I agree that OPFOR could have more numbers to increase its ratio although this would probably make OPFOR Command and Control even more challenging.

Making sure that actual visibility on the scenario is at least 4000 mts would help to balance a little better.

Just a note. I have dicovered on the editor that if you place meteorological conditions like visibility to 7000 but you set heavy rain or snow, visibility degrades a lot despite the 7000 mts visibility setting you en up with actual visibility of 600 mts.

Said this, this campaing looks absolutely fantastic and in the 3 Reg Tizona we are really excited about it. We will make sure our task force have the required recon. Looking forward to it

Edited by Furia