Superb crisp footage of woodland M1A2,s with remote weapons station on the range..

oscar

After dedicating allmost all of my free time on sbp 4.0 the last couple of days i deciced to revisit the M1A2 on YouTube because i think i,m having an Abrams (and tanks in general) perioud again that allmost resembles obsession lol.

Anyway i came across this extremly crips 1080 p HD footage that seems to have only been recently recorded of M1A2,s in woodland paint and all fitted with the remote weapon system on the tank range.

It also so happens that i have allready been working on a superd M1 tank range scenario in the last couple of 48 hours so that was kind of like the cherry on the cake for me.

Anyway i thought it would be really cool to share the footage with you  guys and see what you think of it. I think Daskal in perticiulair might take an interessted i,m sure.

P.s i was wondering, could it bee that the footage was takin somewhere in Germany? I cant figure it out for myself..

Edited by oscar

Yes same thing i was thinking. The scenery doesnt look all that american to me at all ( not to mention the weather ) .

I was kind of extra wondering about it because the city i live in (Venlo) is a city heavilly based on logistics in terms of transport and a must go through gateway for any traintraffic to meet the rest of Western Europe.

And to my suprise (but very enjoyable to the eyes i might add ) ive been seeing litteraly massive amounts of M1 Abrams in various configurations , paintjobs and versions only to be followed shortly after by M2 Bradleys and other Nato armoured hardware being shipped to Germany firmly secured and guarded by its own militairy personel ( for some reason the train allways sits there for a while before moving on) to what seems like an endless line of trainsets on a regulair basis the last couple of 3 to 4 months.

Its kind of hard to get around it to even if i wanted to because there is like a single tracked railbridge that runs right through the middle of the of the most busyest part of the city so its hard to miss tanks on trainsets basicly protruding about 10 meters out in the city centre.

And often when i go out shopping, or do whatever i keep seeing M1 Abrams tanks and other Hardcore hardware being shipped to Germany, or maybe even poland or such countrys

It seems allmost to be on such a scale that it seems war is about to brake out or something if i didnt know any better.

It think its a grimm reminder that we truly are indeed in the midst of a full blown second cold war, its just that not a lot of people take it to seriously.

But i shit you not that they must have shipped at least a couple of brigades if not more overseas or out of the middle east (some still had markings & paint jobs thats only featured on deployments in the middle east different then the M1,s factory,s desert tan they sometimes get when rivised in the U.S anyway)

And then i,m only just talking about the U.S hardware that got shipped to the general direction of Germany here.

Even if the U.S still had lots of bases like they had in the last cold war? It still would seem to me a little bit of overkill even for cold was standards.

The only thing that would make sence to me is that NATO is currently massing huge amounts of hardware & personell on a scale unseen before to man the numerous NATO bases they have gained in the east and close to the russian border.

Or that somebody is making a serious efford to prepare for a full scale war in the not to forseeable future..

Edited by oscar

I could be mistaken, but this looks like CROWS 2. I think these are currently being taken off the M1A2SEP with the intention of replacing them with LP CROWS. In that case there would not be a lot of point in modelling them in the game as they were only on the vehicles for a very short time and I doubt they actually got used in any conflict during this time.