Other games you play at the moment

[]_--__[]KITT

Come on I know most people who play games don't play just one or two. What other games have you been playing?

Lately, I have been playing: Assetto Corsa and World of Warships (at the moment, it's the only kind to satisfy my itch of playing warships).

I do not want to settle for a cheap wheel so at the moment I'm playing all racing games with a keyboard :). It's not bad actually. I may never need to buy a G27/G29 wheel. Those cost a 43 inch TV here (500.00 USD) which is ridiculous.

Edited by []_--__[]KITT

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Godzilla is to drool for!

I had dozens of games installed on my computer back in the day. But aside from Steel Beasts, I play RISK frequently on my iPhone. Every now and then, I'll fire up my favorite wargame from John Tiller/HPS Modern campaign series which will always have a home on my hard drive.

Edited by Scrapper_511

Assetto Corsa! I divide my game time between SB & AC :-) My daughter is driving a truck in Euro truck simulator. I'm also very interested in HEMA (Historical European Martial Arts) so Kingdom Come: Deliverance gets some play time as well. Did some long sword seminars in real life too. Much more technical than Hollywood makes you think.

1 hour ago, Scrapper_511 said:

Godzilla is to drool for!

I had dozens of games installed on my computer back in the day. But aside from Steel Beasts, I play RISK frequently on my iPhone. Every now and then, I'll fire up my favorite wargame from John Tiller/HPS Modern campaign series which will always have a home on my hard drive.

You would love Twilight Struggle on steam. It's the digital adaptation of the popular hobby board game. With Halloween sale coming soon, I think I'm going to grab it.

5 minutes ago, munckmb said:

Assetto Corsa! I divide my game time between SB & AC :-) My daughter is driving a truck in Euro truck simulator. I'm also very interested in HEMA (Historical European Martial Arts) so Kingdom Come: Deliverance gets some play time as well. Did some long sword seminars in real life too. Much more technical than Hollywood makes you think.

I play Euro Truck Sim 2 too! and some American Truck Simulator. A good way to chill out!

Interesting stuff on that long sword. From books I read, battles could last an impossible number of hours amounting to days during the Crusade time. While they had some rest sometimes but a single battle would last a day or more. I can't imagine the physical toll.

The only other game (I have any time) to play is Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm. It's like the battle group / task force; regiment / brigade; division (-) big brother to Steel Beasts. To me they offer a nice continuum in Cold War combined arms doctrine and tactics. There's a few other guys here that play it and I've been on both the winning and losing side of PBEM H2Hs with them :)

7 minutes ago, Panzer_Leader said:

The only other game (I have any time) to play is Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm. It's like the battle group / task force; regiment / brigade; division (-) big brother to Steel Beasts. To me they offer a nice continuum in Cold War combined arms doctrine and tactics. There's a few other guys here that play it and I've been on both the winning and losing side of PBEM H2Hs with them :)

That's a good game. I have been wanting to buy it but keep deferring it.

The only thing keeping me from buying it is the absence of steam workshop. With steam workshop, more scenarios will be made and updating them will be far more convenient. 

They are making the sequel I hear.

+1 for Flashpoint Campaigns!  Some Combat Mission series, Steel Fury and Panzer Elite with the PP2-X mod.  Also bringing back memories with Fleet Command and Sub Command lately.  Asseto Corsa is nice but setting up my wheel is a hasel and a race against AI can be streesful :D  Euro Truck is more relaxing for me, I like to drive on a rainy nights, or Train Simulator 2016 with 3rd party locos also relaxes me.

There are to many games I like really, don´t have time for all of them.

4 minutes ago, Panzer_Leader said:

Yes, Southern Storm, focussed on the Central Front, so adding Canadian, French, East German and Czechoslovak forces to the mix. Personally, I'm most looking forward to the addition of the Canadians, but the French will certainly be interesting in terms of the unique units they bring.    

Ohh! Thanks for the heads-up Panzer Leader! Had no idea there are working on that!. Just reading that on there dev blog, nice!

Here´s something that might be nice, plan on getting it next week B|

http://store.steampowered.com/app/495580/

Well, for naval and air operations I have 'Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY'. Bought it on 50% discount. A little steep if not (also a current tester for it but I got bored of testing atm).

The AI on Assetto Corsa is all over the place. The AI for the new Ferrari F1 cars in Assetto Corsa is simply too fast for me. Sometimes the AI pushes me out of the track but most of the time all goes well.

Since I'm playing with a keyboard I set the AI to only 80% although at 80 the AI is a tad too slow still but I like winning in 3 laps :D

I'm also hooked on F1 2012 and F1 2013. I learned a lot about racing by playing those games and made playing Assetto Corsa so much easier.

I was forced to learn each track and learn well in F1 2012 and F1 2013 since if not I wouldn't be able to win anything. I had never encountered a racing game which required me to actually learn how to tackle each track well....until I played those two games. The speed and acceleration of F1 cars really leave you with no choice but to be good at driving/racing.

I can get away with being stupid in Assetto Corsa....but those two games are unforgiving...unless...you play with racing line on which I loathe.

Edited by []_--__[]KITT

I like the look of 'Flashpoint Campaigns', have been tempted to get that for a while, but what i really want is a video game version of Avalon Hill's 'Squad Leader' / 'Advanced Squad Leader'. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squad_Leader These hex based board games are (were) awesome, and have unfortunately never really been done justice in a video game. Probably the nearest thing would be the Close Combat series, and its a long way short.

Theres also this,  http://www.battle-board.com/minisl/ but it needs a lot of work

Well, a man can dream! :)

Edited by Bond_Villian

Jeez where to start,

- American Trucker

- SB

- Steel Armor BoW

- Steel Fury (STA Modded)

- Assetto Corsa

- Grand Prix Legends (heavily modded)

- Silent Hunter 4 

- Fallout 4

- DCS

- Metro Last Light Redux

And several others, I like to bounce around but I think I'm spread a little to thin lol.

1 hour ago, Bond_Villian said:

I like the look of 'Flashpoint Campaigns', have been tempted to get that for a while, but what i really want is a video game version of Avalon Hill's 'Squad Leader' / 'Advanced Squad Leader'. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squad_Leader These hex based board games are (were) awesome, and have unfortunately never really been done justice in a video game. Probably the nearest thing would be the Close Combat series, and its a long way short.

Theres also this,  http://www.battle-board.com/minisl/ but it needs a lot of work

Well, a man can dream! :)

I really like FCRS, mainly beacuse I used to play Conquest of the Aegean from Matrix Games which is discontinued now, very similar game engine. But if you like the hex game style you might like Germany at War Barbarossa 1941 from Matrix Games which I have too.

Edited by Red2112

13 hours ago, Panzer_Leader said:

Yes, Southern Storm, focussed on the Central Front, so adding Canadian, French, East German and Czechoslovak forces to the mix. Personally, I'm most looking forward to the addition of the Canadians, but the French will certainly be interesting in terms of the unique units they bring.    

Southern Storm is out???

Edit: Nope. Made me look. :D

Edited by Scrapper_511

52 minutes ago, Scrapper_511 said:

I really need to reinstall Sub Command and finally learn it. I remember buying it on release day at CompUSA. Fleet Command was pretty cool too. I love saturation attacks on a Kuznetsov Battle Group.

The sequel, Dangerous Waters is great with RA mod from the Russian community.

1 hour ago, Maj.Hans said:

280314-falcon3.0_1.gif

I've got a copy of DOSbox installed with Windows 3.1, and I've been doing a lot of retro gaming lately...

Just in case in the slim chance you didn't know about BMS. Download that. It's a free Falcon 4.0 major upgrade :)

13 hours ago, Red2112 said:

Ohh! Thanks for the heads-up Panzer Leader! Had no idea there are working on that!. Just reading that on there dev blog, nice!

Here´s something that might be nice, plan on getting it next week B|

http://store.steampowered.com/app/495580/

It's on 20% discount!!

18 hours ago, Red2112 said:

+1 for Flashpoint Campaigns!  Some Combat Mission series, Steel Fury and Panzer Elite with the PP2-X mod.  Also bringing back memories with Fleet Command and Sub Command lately.  Asseto Corsa is nice but setting up my wheel is a hasel and a race against AI can be streesful :D  Euro Truck is more relaxing for me, I like to drive on a rainy nights, or Train Simulator 2016 with 3rd party locos also relaxes me.

There are to many games I like really, don´t have time for all of them.

If you like Fleet Command you might like Command Air/Naval Operations.

I got Harpoon 4 years ago, but never really found a good entrance to it... The Commanders Edition was a bit shallow, while the Advanced Naval Warfare Edition was (and is) absolutely outdated in terms of graphics. You need quite some workarounds to really have fun playing the game, because the engine has its limitations and to get the game running on modern hardware isn't that easy either. 

Wanted to try out Command some time ago, but heard more negative things than positiv. Database was said to be broken and so on. But during the last few days, I got the impression that the devs have really updated and improved the game. Will definiterly give it a chance, when the price gets reduced.

Same for Flashpoint, as this is also high on my "most-wanted" list for some time.

Greetings,

Dennis

Edited by Canadus

Yeah I know about Command Air/Naval Ops from way back in the Harpoon day´s, CANO is the evolution of Harpoon, but for one CANO is not multiplayer which puts me off (I think there´s a mod that lets you play PBEM), and there´s to much equipment you need to know about which I don´t have time for. That´s why I pref. Fleet Command.

Regarding Dangerous Waters and it´s mod, what I don´t like about the mod is that there´s no limit to sonar. I wrote up on this sometime ago over at Subguru when I found out about the mod asking them about sonar and torp limit with the mod.  With Jane´s 688i H/K there is a limit to both, of course the longer you have sonar on, the more it can reach just like real life, but not so in DW there´s not limit there, which makes multiplayer "knife fights" to easy!

Be aware that Sub Command has it´s bugs that never got fixed, that´s why we stayed with 688i. You can tell by activating "show truth" in replay after a mission, you will see all the "false" contacts you got on sonnar.  If you want to learn more about ASW (Anti Submarine Warfare) I suggest you have a look (read) at the "Blue Book" by Admiral R. Blue and Vice Admiral Homer from the Seawolves VU (my old VU).  It´s a bit old (2002) but a gem.  If you can´t find it I will be more then glad to send you a copy via e-mail ¬¬

Edited by Red2112

12 hours ago, Scrapper_511 said:

I really need to reinstall Sub Command and finally learn it. I remember buying it on release day at CompUSA. Fleet Command was pretty cool too. I love saturation attacks on a Kuznetsov Battle Group.

Saturation on the Kuznetsov Battle Group you say? Hahahaha, I got my ass kicked so many times on multiplayer xD

It was so much fun!