Chally II question

Maj.Hans

I'm currently working on a scenario set earlier in the Cold War.  I decided to throw in Challenger II's in an alternate version, and disable the thermals and the LRF.  Since many tanks of that era had the TC responsible for getting the range with an optical device, I thought that this would leave the player either having his gunner just shoot from the battle sight, or using his commander's survey LRF to simulate ranging a target himself since on the Chally2 the TC has his own laser.  If the TC uses the laser in his Peri and hits the override key, the FCS takes this range and inputs it.

The only problem was disabling the LRF killed not only the gunner's laser, but the TC's laser too.

So my question is, on the Chally2 do the gunner and TC's sights share a common laser, or are they individual?  If they are separate, is it possible to update Pro PE so that in the future we can knock out the gunner's LRF only?

The digital fire control computer is supplied by Computing Devices Company (now General Dynamics – Canada). Both the Gunner and Commander have Primary Sights. They can both either switch between their day channels (magnification x4 and x10) or the channel from the Thermal Imaging Sight, which is called the “Thermal Imaging Sensor Head”. It has a magnification x4 and x11.5 and is also displayed on TV monitors AKA a display module. There is a display module at both the commanders and gunners station next to their PS’s. The 4Hz laser rangefinder (range 200m to 10km) can be operated on either channel through the PS or display module. All sights are gyro stabilised.