User made terrain question

Chiquito

Hi. I downloaded a training terrain .ter from downloads files in this forum. I cant find the folder where I need put this .ter file. where is it?

Also I need to know if I make a short mission with thus user made map, how work then this mission when I host for multiplayer? all the players need to have the new map??

58 minutes ago, Chiquito said:

Hi. I downloaded a training terrain .ter from downloads files in this forum. I cant find the folder where I need put this .ter file. where is it?

Hi,

Not at the machine where its installed at the moment but the Manual has a whole section devoted to File Structures and where various file types go.

Depending on which version of Windows you have installed (you didn't say) the name of the folder varies.

On most Windows installations the folder is "hidden" (apparently Micrsoft feels that is a good idea) so you may need to unhide it first.

Can I suggest you rename it to something other that "terrain.ter" when you make changes as I believe that may replace the defualt map.

Edited by Gibsonm

55 minutes ago, Chiquito said:

Also I need to know if I make a short mission with thus user made map, how work then this mission when I host for multiplayer? all the players need to have the new map??

So pre 4.000 you used to embed the map in the Mission Editor (there is an option in the Mission Editor menus).

Eventually you'll need to post the map seperately as they will grow in size in accordance with the new terrain engine (with effect from "early" 2017).

For the time being I think the embed option remains current (again can't check for you).

18 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

So pre 4.000 you used to embed the map in the Mission Editor (there is an option in the Mission Editor menus).

Eventually you'll need to post the map seperately as they will grow in size in accordance with the new terrain engine (with effect from "early" 2017).

For the time being I think the embed option remains current (again can't check for you).

Can you please say me where is the hidden folder, then I can unhide this folder and find it