Kanium Sunday 18th sep 16 mission

Grenny

12 hours ago, Grenny said:

MAJOR PROBLEM

I just learned THE 911 server is down! Maintenance is not available before Monday. Therefore I'll not be able to provide hosting :-(

I can host if needed - Can set it up and run it, then come back in say 2 hours to shut it down (unsure if I can sit there throughout for the "pause and rejoin").

Anyway a possible contingency plan. :)

But I'll need to know before I go to bed the night before (say NLT 1100 GMT on 18 SEP 16). No message and I'll assume I'm not required.

Edited by Gibsonm

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, chrisreb said:

Where's the big gun!!??O.o

Put a milan inside with 6 Tubes and you have the best mobile Tankhunter Group ever. Read Red Storm Rising and you know what i mean

"The Soviet tanks fired off smoke and desperately tried to engage their enemies, but the Americans were dug in deep, and the German missileers in the village skillfully changed firing points after every shot."

"A splendid observation!" Alekseyev snarled, then regained his temper. "We expected that a breakthrough would have the same effect as in the last war against the Germans. The problem is these new light antitank missiles. Three men and a jeep"--he even used the American title for it--"can race along the road, set up, fire one or two missiles, be gone before we can react, then repeat the process a few hundred meters away. Defensive firepower was never so strong before, and we failed to appreciate how effectively a handful of rear-guard troops can slow down an advancing column. Our security is based on movement"--Alekseyev explained the basic lesson from tank school--"a mobile force under these conditions cannot afford to be slowed down.

That was the Tactic behind our forward defence in the Area between East Sea and Elb River in the 80s together with the modern AT2 Antitankmine.

Never forget this little missiles could kill your tank from over 2 km away........

15 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

I can host if needed - Can set it up and run it, then come back in say 2 hours to shut it down (unsure if I can sit there throughout for the "pause and rejoin").

Anyway a possible contingency plan. :)

But I'll need to know before I go to bed the night before (say NLT 1100 GMT on 18 SEP 16). No message and I'll assume I'm not required.

Thanks for the offer Mark but we have found a solution

i will host it on Swordsmandks server via teamviewer

MD

10 hours ago, Major duck said:

Thanks for the offer Mark but we have found a solution

i will host it on Swordsmandks server via teamviewer

MD

All good.

If after your rehearsal that doesn't quite work as intended, just send me the message and I'll still have it a a "be prepared to" task.

11 minutes ago, GreencroftDurham said:

As of now I have FTTH @ 6ms 381 down/412 up, but no server license, so am prepared to kick in if teamviewer solution doesn't work as planned.  Durham

If you don't have the server license the activity will be limited to eight players, being the cap for the non server executable - suspect the manning list may well exceed that?

Edited by Gibsonm

Roerbaek, you could jump into F66 and run the Mortars.

Tryout how to use the FO vehicle (lase target and then call for fire using the lased designation)

Be sure you only call HE-Mrs or Smoke-Mrs...the 155er Rounds are only for Zipili to call (He's P66 in the mission)

Boone, Join me with the engineers??

(Manning list updated)

The scenario file for today.

Be in TS at 1745 UTC and be ready for the fight ;-)

18sep16 Kanium mission_V1.1.sce.zip

Edited by Grenny

Great Mission, thank you Grenny alias Ronin.

Good Command and Teamplay. It was verry difficult and much focused on Mech Inf. 

Verry good roleplay by hodling the Briefing in game like in real life.

Thx to my plt Wiglif, Gunslinger668 and 2-Pies.

next time i hope my computer give me a better chance, not like today with verry low fps and over 95% without being the map  being updatet

If somebody has an AAR File for me to would be nice, because my AAR is corrupted like the gameplay was on my PC

Edited by StKpPzBrig18