Change skill for "one shoot from 4km, one die" is possible?

Chiquito

Hi guys. Can I change the skill of the units? Yesterday I have not time with my Leopardo to hit a M1A1 shooting on me from 4km. I mean he hit me twice from 4km with one shot badly damaging me. Can I change this amazing skill or better I accept this super accuracy because is real so? Is possible change this in Mission editor? What is the best value for a real behavior in case we can set a value?

There isn't a set way to change the skill of the crew, per say, but there are ways that you can simulate the crew being less well-trained. You can, under the damage option in the mission editor, choose to disable the Commander so the unit will take longer to acquire targets (one set of eyes vs the usual two). You could also disable the Loader to slow down the rate of fire, or even disable specific systems, like the TIS or Stabilization. This doesn't decrease the actual skill of the crew, but it is a method. 

Another option is to reduce the difficulty under the options menu to slow AI reaction time, but this will be across the board. A difficulty of Medium simulates a well-trained crew with a believable reaction time. 

A third option still is to change the ammunition that your enemy is using to something with less penetration. This doesn't affect their skill at acquiring and shooting at targets, but will make the game a bit more forgiving in respect to how much damage you might take per hit. 

One more option.

Perhaps it is not a good idea to go face-to-face with an enemy tank and slug it out over 4km. Move more carefully, try to spot the enemy first and if the distance is to long for you to successfully engage...fall back and try to manouvre into a better position.

Getting into their flank at 2000m is usually provides much more satisfaction B|

On 24/9/2016 at 2:12 PM, Mirzayev said:

There isn't a set way to change the skill of the crew, per say, but there are ways that you can simulate the crew being less well-trained. You can, under the damage option in the mission editor, choose to disable the Commander so the unit will take longer to acquire targets (one set of eyes vs the usual two). You could also disable the Loader to slow down the rate of fire, or even disable specific systems, like the TIS or Stabilization. This doesn't decrease the actual skill of the crew, but it is a method. 

Another option is to reduce the difficulty under the options menu to slow AI reaction time, but this will be across the board. A difficulty of Medium simulates a well-trained crew with a believable reaction time. 

A third option still is to change the ammunition that your enemy is using to something with less penetration. This doesn't affect their skill at acquiring and shooting at targets, but will make the game a bit more forgiving in respect to how much damage you might take per hit. 

They are good ideas. The problem is the mission I modified is for PvP. So the tank should be brand new when the other player take control. I set already medium in options but they are "ninjas" anyway. Change the ammunition could work, will work on this.

this is a good wish list anyway. Setting skill is a good option. Probably Saudi Arabia have not the same skill than USA or Iraqi and Russians.

• Members

Aiming and shooting isn't particularly hard with modern fire control systems (as should be evident for anybody visiting this forum). Pretty much anyone with a semi-decent hand-eye coordination can do that. Expecting lesser performance from crews of a specific nation is wishful thinking at best. The separation occurs when looking at the logistical support chain (more of an operational/strategic aspect), and most notably, situational awareness and leadership skills (at the vehicle commander, platoon, company, and battalion level - including the quality and employment of reconnaissance assets).