Derailing the CV90/35

Major duck

3 hours ago, DK-DDAM said:

hey all seems like its been a vehicle, greatly under appreciated, mainly cause of its slow loading time :P and ammo count sry volcano and dejawolf. we cant change the mags still.. but if anyone have any questions on usage, firing modes or any other stuff regarding these 2 types of vehicles, ill put my self up to help out the best i can..

i will later come with some pictures in this on different firing modes. graphically used obviously. so it doesnt look too bad. hope it will help out those who have questions regarding this amazing vehicle. although not a tank it is very usefull.

Would like to hear if this would be out of interest to anyone in the SB community?

best regards

Deekay

About time Deekay so go go

:P :x

A fact that not many were made and it's replacement returns to conventional IFV layout is enough? To explain some things pure logic is enough.

Not to mention that BMP-3's chassis base have it's lineage in light tank design not the proper IFV. There are other problems like ergonomics, we can all see how cumbersome for troops is to get in or out, interior is cramped, and it's not the best layout for infantry carrier.

29 minutes ago, Damian90 said:

A fact that not many were made and it's replacement returns to conventional IFV layout is enough? To explain some things pure logic is enough.

Not to mention that BMP-3's chassis base have it's lineage in light tank design not the proper IFV. There are other problems like ergonomics, we can all see how cumbersome for troops is to get in or out, interior is cramped, and it's not the best layout for infantry carrier.

Source?

However some of us don't live in a altered reality, we require facts, and sources. That said I will return to what is commonly known as our reality.

Source?

However some of us don't live in a altered reality, we require facts, and sources. That said I will return to what is commonly known as our reality.

And that reality is Наше лутше и инет аналога в мире ? ;)

Edited by Damian90

I would not hold the BMP-3 in high regard either but its fire power is impressive.

IMO its more of a support platform then a IFV.

The UAE tried to increase its survivability by fitting specially design ERA

They also fitted a French thermal sight which should improve its  accuracy considerably

I hope Esim sorts out the issue with the 100mm gun soon.

It will be interesting to use the BMP-3 as a fire support weapon with the 100mm working properly

1296186023_bmp3_3.jpg

l_trumpeter-01532-bmp-3-uae.jpg

1296186023_bmp3_3.jpg

1296186023_bmp3_3.jpg

Edited by Marko

8 hours ago, Damian90 said:

4S24 ERA for BMP-3 was never fielded, same with kits for BMP-2 and BMP-1, dunno why they never done so.

I read once that ERA fitted to BMP-1 and BMP-2 would sometimes stop the HEAT warhead hitting it, only to fracture the hull of the vehicle and blast fragments all around the inside due to the force of it's own explosion...

21 hours ago, dejawolf said:

vastly superior :P

tumblr_mymg1tzSQa1tnb5k1o1_500.jpg

cv90120t.jpg

THE MOST SUPERIORIST OF ALL!  MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:P

In all seriousness, the CV90 has always been an interesting vehicle to me.  In some ways it has some features that I think make it superior to the M2/M3 Bradley as an IFV, in other ways I find it lacking.  For example, the fact that the CV90 has a good way for the troops inside to fight while mounted in the vehicle, is something that I really like. 

In some ways it might be crude, hearkening back to the days of soldiers riding in open top SPW-251's and M3 Half-Tracks with open tops, firing over the side.  But then again, if somebody opens the roof hatch and hoses you down with an M-4 or an AK-5, you won't feel any better just because he wasn't using some kind of fancy firing port!

12 hours ago, ChrisWerb said:

The BMP-3 is really strange and less than ideal for dismounts to mount/dismount due

That's utterly pathetic! xD

On 9/25/2016 at 5:53 PM, DK-DDAM said:

we cant change the mags still..

What do you mean change the mags?  The worst feature of the CV90/35 is that it doesn't hold any ammunition, and it takes three days to reload the main gun...

Does the real vehicle have a way to load faster?

• Members

Is there a desire to split off pretty much every message in this thread from the original announcement, maybe save for messages of endorsement? The way I see it, if this was intended to become a CV90/35 reference thread, it's a failure. DK-DDAM, maybe it's better to work on the SB Wiki directly?

7 hours ago, Maj.Hans said:

I read once that ERA fitted to BMP-1 and BMP-2 would sometimes stop the HEAT warhead hitting it, only to fracture the hull of the vehicle and blast fragments all around the inside due to the force of it's own explosion...

That happend with standard 4S20 Kontakt-1 ERA. 4S24 is a special ERA designed for lightweight platforms, I might later show you a video in History of Soviet Tanks thread. ;)