Network clocks corrected...

Rotareneg

As an experiment, I ran a scenario with my desktop as a host and my laptop as the client, and then afterwards the reverse. After running the scenario for 21:02 the laptop (client) AAR showed a correction of -22.117001 seconds. With the desktop as the client the time correction was +17.123001 seconds after ending the mission at 17:23.

What I don't understand is, where is this time difference coming from? The RTCs on both computers were synchronized, both CPUs support invariant TSC. I used a program called WinTimerTester 1.1 on both systems to verify that the QueryPerformanceCounter function on both systems ran at the same rate (after 20 minutes they were still perfectly synchronized.) Even though it shouldn't matter with the invariant TSC, I ran both computers with the clock fixed at the nominal speed (disabling various power and turbo features) and there were still network clock corrections. I also tested forcing HPET on both systems which, again, still resulted in network clock corrections. Both computers are physically connected to the 1 Gbps switch on my router.

I don't have issues playing online games with either system, and in SB itself the corrections don't seem to be causing any actual problem besides just being a "scary number" in the AAR and logs.

Actually, thanks for pointing that out, it's simply a bug. :)

We did an overhaul to the timekeeper in SB a while ago, and here we simply query the wrong method to check for time drift. It has no consequences (as the "faulty" result will be compensated internally) other than the AAR (and debug log WARN) output.

But, yup, it should be corrected, I'll take care of it. However, in the meantime, just ignore the output.