SB wont start

AgamB

Hey. my name is Agam from Israel, I recently bought the game and encountered a problem.

each time I try to start the game I get a crash window, and every now and then I get a message saying the game cant read "CustomColorPalette/RandomColorPalette/RandomColorPaletteISO"

I literally tried everything I found in topics here, with no success.

Help out a fella :)

Furthermore, I looked for the files thinking they might be missing. The files exist.

Edited by AgamB

You might also want to indicate the version you are trying to use ("recently" could mean 3.028, 4.000, 4.004 or 4.006).

Windows version, etc would be good too.

Language (some people had issues recently with the OS set up for Chinese), etc.

The more information you provide, the easier it will be for people to help you. :)

• Members

In the Windows Start Menu | Steel Beasts Program folder there is a subdirectory "Troubleshooting". Please start Steel Beasts in "debug" mode (see also chapter 17 of the user's manual) and send me the corresponding debugLog file, once that a crash occurred. Also, and possibly even more important, can you please zip the CrashDump files that Windows probably generated, and send them to me as well?

Ah...

your crashes look suspiciously like being related to the missing MS update we discussed in another thread.

Can you confirm that you did not saw any error messages upon installing 4.006 that told you you were missing some Windows update?

Just to sum things up for you in case you want to retry:

- uninstall your VS2015 c++ redistributable,

- download and install KB2999226

- download and install the VS2015 C++ redistributable again

If that does not solve the issue, please comment on my two questions above.

Thanks!