SB has issues with my DisplayLink USB monitors

DarkFib3r

I have a pair of MIMO USB monitors (480x800px) that use DisplayLink Manager 8.0.644.0, but they stop displaying the moment I run Steel Beasts. The monitors still have power, but the displays stop showing the desktop. A reboot fixes this issue, at least until I run Steel Beasts again. The monitors work fine on all other games and the issue seems isolated to SB.

Any thoughts on why this would be happening or suggestions on how to avoid this particular problem? I realize that it is probably a specialized problem given that many users likely do not use mini USB monitors. I use them for flight sims along with a pair of Cougar MFDs, if you were wondering. It would be nice to have them keep working after I play SB so I could avoid the reboots. Thanks!

• Members

Note that there's the command line option --fullscreenwindow =true that lets you open SB Pro PE in borderless window mode.

--help displays all your command line options, by the way.

Open the command prompt, then go to C:\Program Files\eSim Games\SB Pro PE\Release, and type in SBProPE64cm.exe (followed by the command line options). If it works, you may want to create a shortcut on your desktop where you add the desired command line option in the properties of the shortcut. Note that you can also change the program icon if you want to make multiple shortcuts with different options.