dpabrams updated mods for 4.006

dpabrams

I have the new $1700.00 beast I bought up and running and I have once again gotten familiar with the sim. So much so that I have been going through my mods and started to update them for the models that have remained the same sine about 3.002. Of these models are the M1, M1A1, M1A1(HA) and my prized possession the IPM1. I  long ago did the texture work for the dds files to include normals and speculars on the M1's. Only one more obsession remained and that was to delete the tarp in the bustle rack. With some help from Splash I have removed said tarp and will do so for the M1A1 and M1A1(HA) soon. So here you have the new look IPM1. I plan to eventually check and update the mods I did for the M901, FISTV and Bradley's to, although they work fine in 4.006. I need to allow for the models to use the in sim decals which previously I put on the model and required the user to add decals from the thermal view which was a pain. I will also check into removing some other parts of other models in a sort of "vismod" to get slightly different models. One that comes to mind is the Leopard AS1 mod I did to represent the Bundeswer Leopard 1A3. I will look into removing the turret rack extension for example. More to follow.

Image2_zps8ibvessi.jpg

Image3_zpsm0mjq2gr.jpg

Image1_zps28oemmqu.jpg

Pete

Did the autumn/woodland for the IPM1, M1A1 and M1A1(HA). I also did the "normals" but I don't think I am getting them to "pop" with the plug in for Photoshop. Oh well they look good enough to me. I need to knock out the winter camo and they should be ready after I update my instructions. Amazing how much I have forgotten about this particular skinning. Pictured here are the M1A1 and the HA.

Image2_zpsdxeoiqee.jpg

Image1_zpsjdzw0iwk.jpg

Pete

1 hour ago, MAJ_Fubar said:

Looking real good!  One thing you may want to consider is removing the scavenge-blower access doors from the back deck plates of the M1 and M1IP, since these models didn't get that feature until very late.

I don't have them on the M1 but my IPM1 sources had them so when I reworked the entire back deck, they got them.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, the desert IPM1, M1A1 and M1A1(HA) are done. Having trouble with the winter units however. I seem that mods that wish have parts that are alpha'd out have to be placed in the X:\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\woodland and then the X:\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\woodland\us for woodland for example. I had to do X:\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\desert and X:\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\desert\us for desert, however the same trick does not work for winter?

Image1_zpskkxtklnm.jpg

More to come,

Pete

I am writing instructions for the installation  of the IPM1, M1A1 & M1A1 (HA)  v4.006 update. It's more complicated than usual so I wonder if I can get a few volunteers to check things out. Testing will require that you have drop box. PM me with your email and I will send out an invite when they are ready, which should be today.