Operation Scorpion missions 1&2 up soon.

cobrabase

On 11/8/2016 at 2:36 PM, mpow66m said:

just a note can you make an end of mission message when red has been defeated?and where the &^$% is mission 3!?

Version 1.03 ends when less than 3 enemy forces left.  

Oops... just saw your response.  

Edited by cobrabase

11 hours ago, kraze said:

Also a funny bit: at some point in the mission I've lost my UAV and was wondering who exactly shot it down since I've pretty much cleared the area (and UAV itself was made invisible to enemies, no?). Turns out.... It got shot down by my own HE shell travelling to strike a BMP 4 km further down south...

JmoxjKn.jpg

You have now learned why deconflicting artillery from air assets is an important consideration ;) 

give the mission another read and another go, playing it as suggested above by the mission designer.

as for more detail on the briefing - what more do you need to know? It's a Soviet advanced guard - a heavily armed recon. If you don't know what that's supposed to look like, google is your friend, but if you get mega-stuck, PM me and I will try to find you some resources and answers. 

Please bear in mind that this mission is all about a realistic interpretation of what this would look like - a platoon leader in this situation would be well aware of what he would be dealing with, and the briefing reflects this. Given that the scenario is that you have barely rolled off the airfield to defend the area, the briefing is probably about right in terms of available intel - you'd probably be lucky to have an annotated map to be fair!

31 minutes ago, ghostdog688 said:

playing it as suggested above by the mission designer.

One thing I've learned from scenario design is that this concept rarely exists or works. 

If the scenario design wants people to play the mission exactly how he planned it then he has to add more constraints to what the player can do. 

2 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

One thing I've learned from scenario design is that this concept rarely exists or works. 

If the scenario design wants people to play the mission exactly how he planned it then he has to add more constraints to what the player can do. 

Everyone plays it different... The scenario is flexible.

What I mean by a better briefing - is to make it look more like official ones from SB Pro PE, perhaps with more detail on the situation (and perhaps some hints on when the mission ends?).

Because apparently when checking out the AAR - I've had 2 BTRs left at the very far right edge of the map (they ran away there) and 1 Tunguska hidden in the forest not far from them - certainly above the "less than 3 forces left" condition - even though tactically it's a victory, no?

Basically for me as a player - briefing gives no clue at how to "win" a mission (condition-wise) - especially since f.e. finding Tunguska in a forest is tough even with thermals - and just searching for those very few enemies all across their "side" of the map is not very fun and is very time consuming. After all I've stopped all enemy's attacking forces and it made no further attempts at it for 30+ minutes.

Perhaps "victory" logic should allow for more enemy troops left? Like when all BMPs and tanks are gone - it's pretty much a win. Can't do much with only BTRs in a war.

Edited by kraze

8 hours ago, kraze said:

What I mean by a better briefing - is to make it look more like official ones from SB Pro PE, perhaps with more detail on the situation (and perhaps some hints on when the mission ends?).

Because apparently when checking out the AAR - I've had 2 BTRs left at the very far right edge of the map (they ran away there) and 1 Tunguska hidden in the forest not far from them - certainly above the "less than 3 forces left" condition - even though tactically it's a victory, no?

Basically for me as a player - briefing gives no clue at how to "win" a mission (condition-wise) - especially since f.e. finding Tunguska in a forest is tough even with thermals - and just searching for those very few enemies all across their "side" of the map is not very fun and is very time consuming. After all I've stopped all enemy's attacking forces and it made no further attempts at it for 30+ minutes.

Perhaps "victory" logic should allow for more enemy troops left? Like when all BMPs and tanks are gone - it's pretty much a win. Can't do much with only BTRs in a war.

Do you perhaps mean BDRM'S? I can't think of a scout BTR that I came across. Not to speak on cobra'S behalf but as I understand it the latest versions have an end trigger... 

as for the briefing I found it adequate, but we can agree to disageee there ;)

Edited by ghostdog688

6 hours ago, ghostdog688 said:

Do you perhaps mean BDRM'S? I can't think of a scout BTR that I came across. Not to speak on cobra'S behalf but as I understand it the latest versions have an end trigger... 

as for the briefing I found it adequate, but we can agree to disageee there ;)

The two BRDM2s hang back because Soviet doctrine had 2 out of 3 press forward while one maintains contact with them.    I'm just going on real life tactical doctrine from 1989.