Any Non-Gamey MP Ops ?

ashdivay

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Define Non-gamey MP ops?... Kanium and BG ANZAC and 911 for sure try their hardest to make it realistic on all levels with orders, graphic, SOP on platoon and company level etc.  (Sorry DOW members, I do not know your intended level of stuff, so you will have to talk for yourself here).

So thursdays you got BG ANZAC (check Gibsonms posts) and on sundays you got Kaniums stuff, Right this sunday its a route recce/canadian attack but we are doing an campaign every 2nd sunday as well that is "realistic" as well.

/KT 

If by "Ops" you mean "operations" as defined by Steel Beasts - several linked scenarios, then yes there is a "Operation" / "Campaign" that I (along with a bunch of others) are working on.

To be frank I have been the weak link in this project and need to re-focus on it to get it out the door.

If by "Ops" you mean a large scale multi player event, then again "yes" - BG ANZAC's Rolling Thunder 17 is in the initial phases of the planning - likely date to be a weekend in June 17 so the most people can attend - i.e. a Sunday evening GMT event that Australians can attend because its a loong weekend and people can get up early on the Monday our time.

Unsure if PzBtl911 is working on a LNOT 17 as yet. 

Edited by Gibsonm

Thank you all for your replies. 

I was thinking more along the lines from parties who aren't already doing a MP-OP every other night.

Something new . 

I am sure both Kanium and Aussies have great missions. 

Aussie time is too inconvenient for Eastern US. 

It would be nice to have some new individual or party make a mission/event for a change.

Would also love to see PzBn organise some missions.

Where are the Russians ? 

1 hour ago, ashdivay said:

Thank you all for your replies. 

I was thinking more along the lines from parties who aren't already doing a MP-OP every other night.

Something new . 

I am sure both Kanium and Aussies have great missions. 

Aussie time is too inconvenient for Eastern US. 

It would be nice to have some new individual or party make a mission/event for a change.

Would also love to see PzBn organise some missions.

Where are the Russians ? 

Fair enough, but are you just wanting other people than "the usual suspects" doing an MP-OP ? Or do you have some specific wishes?

47 minutes ago, Kingtiger said:

There are always room for more event, just create a scenario and host it and you can get it exactly the way you want it. 

/KT

Kt.  i have hosted and played my own scenarios 50 million times, i am trying to say it would be nice to be surprised by someone new with something diffrent,  

46 minutes ago, DrHat said:

Fair enough, but are you just wanting other people than "the usual suspects" doing an MP-OP ? Or do you have some specific wishes?

"other people than the usual suspects" would be great. 

And i am extremely bored of my wishes, lets have Russian or Germans post some scenarios. 

Kt.  i have hosted and played my own scenarios 50 million times, i am trying to say it would be nice to be surprised by someone new with something diffrent,  

"other people than the usual suspects" would be great. 

And i am extremely bored of my wishes, lets have Russian or Germans post some scenarios. 

I can certainly understand the wish for "something different", but if nobody knows that sort of thing you're looking for (even in vague terms) then the chance of it happening seems rather slim to me. But I absolutely don't understand what difference it makes on who actually does it.

1 hour ago, DrHat said:

I can certainly understand the wish for "something different", but if nobody knows that sort of thing you're looking for (even in vague terms) then the chance of it happening seems rather slim to me. But I absolutely don't understand what difference it makes on who actually does it.

Its not for me . but the community needs more spice.

1 hour ago, DrHat said:

I think he's after both "something different" and "something convenient".

So the "who" relates to who hosts it and the time zone they are in.

1 hour ago, Gibsonm said:

I think he's after both "something different" and "something convenient".

So the "who" relates to who hosts it and the time zone they are in.

you're close , time zone yes , who hosts it ? i don't care anyone. 

And the most important > Scenario  - something different and unique. 

So would this be what you are looking for:

An Hungarian-Finnish-Australian person hosting from a server located in Siberia using Swedish language an scenario which main idea is "Hide&Seek with tanks" where one player has an T-90 and needs to touch the other players with his main gun while the other players are blinded and using only M60s in an area bordered with minefields.

KT would you arrange this?

I am all about someone hosting something else or new.

But to go a little deeper into this how about people light this tread up with what they would like to see.

Even if the ideas is waaaaay out of there we have some good people around that can sort stuff like that out. 

New game style? New maps? Capture the flag? 

I can start:

I would love to see more non western missions/campaign. Low tech. High tech. Keep it small in the beginning and then hopefully bigger later on. 

14 hours ago, Abaddon said:

So would this be what you are looking for:

An Hungarian-Finnish-Australian person hosting from a server located in Siberia using Swedish language an scenario which main idea is "Hide&Seek with tanks" where one player has an T-90 and needs to touch the other players with his main gun while the other players are blinded and using only M60s in an area bordered with minefields.

KT would you arrange this?

lol but I am going to Ignore your attempt at derailing this thread. 

8 hours ago, Swordsmandk said:

I am all about someone hosting something else or new.

But to go a little deeper into this how about people light this tread up with what they would like to see.

Even if the ideas is waaaaay out of there we have some good people around that can sort stuff like that out. 

New game style? New maps? Capture the flag? 

I can start:

I would love to see more non western missions/campaign. Low tech. High tech. Keep it small in the beginning and then hopefully bigger later on. 

Great idea , perhaps recreation of  WW2 battles from East with slightly newer equipment. 

Vietnam battles , or even possible invasion of Australia . 

What about Current Syrian Conflict ? 

5 hours ago, DrHat said:

Oh oh oh! I know! Lets BE the Russian and like..take over Afghanistan! :D

Thats a great Idea. Soviet forces vs Mujahedeen. 

Edited by ashdivay

or even possible invasion of Australia .

Well that's been covered in at least two Rolling Thunder events to date.

Going forward it will be covered again this year as the published "cycle" is that it will alternate between a European based event and an Australian based one.

We have had battles new Newcastle, battles near Beaudesert, etc.

It unfortunate that you have been able to attend - maybe this year.

Edited by Gibsonm

2 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Well that's been covered in at least two Rolling Thunder events to date.

Going forward it will be covered again this year as the published "cycle" is that it will alternate between a European based event and an Australian based one.

We have had battles new Newcastle, battles near Beaudesert, etc.

It unfortunate that you have been able to attend - maybe this year.

Its not that i don't want to, it's a time zone issue. 

But from what i understand Rolling Thunder is MP Co-op. I prefer H2H. 

Its not that i don't want to, it's a time zone issue. 

But from what i understand Rolling Thunder is MP Co-op. I prefer H2H.

Well we run it at 1800 GMT (which is a PITA for Australians) in the hope that its more convenient for others.

But if you want it to be super convenient for you and you are the only one who seems to know what you want - maybe you should build it and invite others.

18 hours ago, Swordsmandk said:

I would love to see more non western missions/campaign. Low tech. High tech. Keep it small in the beginning and then hopefully bigger later on

This interests me too. There doesnt seem to be many scenarios with playable soviet gear, hopefully the new content is inspiring people to make cold-war scenarios with playable red side.

1 hour ago, Bond_Villian said:

This interests me too. There doesnt seem to be many scenarios with playable soviet gear, hopefully the new content is inspiring people to make cold-war scenarios with playable red side.

How about a Ukrainian BTG counterattacking DPR/RU forces east of Donetsk in autumn weather? 

i17^cimgpsh_orig.png

i18^cimgpsh_orig.png