SB PE 4.0 issue with cmcontainer

Freejack

I have read and searched and so far have come to the conclusion the virt cmcontainer is not being created on install. I have a fresh install of SB PE 4.0 and on attempt of running Codemeter it shows me no cmcontainers and on attempt of activating license (a month license as of right now) it tells me there is no cmcontainer to install too.This is the message I get:

Error importing license template. Please use an existing CmContainer or contact support.

So as of now I am stuck.

• Members

I haven't heard of this one, ever. I can but ask you to contact Support(at)Wibu.com and to put me on CC (my forum name @ my avatar picture .com). I would then pass it on to one of your programmers as the installer seems to be involved here. I wonder however if the installer program ran without interruptions, or maybe you clicked "cancel" at the time when the CodeMeter installation was about to start?

I will uninstall and re install to be 100% sure I am loading this on win7 64bit Home Prem. I have diasabled the windows firewall and will repost if it changes, if not I will contact them and CC you. Also would installing this in a virtual machine change this? 

Edited by Freejack

Well I guess I have to reconfigure this test out then. I use strictly Linux and since there is no Linux version I was hoping to purchase the month License and test before we spent and bought a full license. They say codemeter works in virtualbox and so does the cmstick. That is why I am having an issue trying to figure out why this is not working.

Edited by Freejack

• Administrators

The ideal thing to do would be to use the hardware dongle and have it run in your host os, then share on the network.  The virtual container file would be more difficult because the Sb installer creates that.  I would send a email to support@wibu.de to see what they suggest.  I suspect they would only test on VMware but maybe they have a better idea.

So spending to get the full license would get me the use in virtual. Wish you had a Linux version. Cause right now it is testing, I have a few guys wanting this but I need to get it to run on Linux or in a virtual machine on Linux.

Edited by Freejack